Do any Universal Silicone Keyboard Covers Work?

Dirty Butter

I have a new 17 inch laptop and would like to protect the keyboard from everyday dirt and cat hair specifically LOL. Spills should not be a problem. Has anyone had experience with a clear silicone keyboard cover that actually works for a PC? I see plenty of Mac ones that look fitted, but the ones I see on Amazon always have negatives saying they are not big enough or don't stay put.

• 2 weeks later...

A cover for a laptop keyboard? I think it's pointless as the keys are very tightly spaced, but they do have minimal downstroke. That means a press on one key should not cause the cover to also depress a neighboring key.

Now, on a regular keyboard (depending), there is a lot more a cover can do to protect against interference with depressing a neighboring key.

My recommendation -- get an el-cheapo USB keyboard and use it at home. Place a handkerchief across the laptop keyboard.

I actually did find one that works pretty well - certainly not perfectly. The seller gave the dimensions in millimeters, so it was easy to see that it would cover the keyboard and number keypad. It is not sticky, and it does not depress more than the one key wanted. It IS keeping cat hair out (they like to sit with me and watch). The biggest potential drawback is that it is semi-transparent. But I have a back lit keyboard, so that was easy to fix. It remains to be seen how long it lasts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FI11C4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1