[Resolved] Please Red Error - select required options before adding to your basket.

Lemontree

HELP!!!  Please!

When the customer add the item to the basket on the item that has options, it take the them to detail of the product and give this error below

• Please select required options before adding to your basket. 

Is there a way either:

1. Turn off the add to basket on the main product page.  Have the customer add to basket after they click on the image or detail.  

OR

2. Add the options to the main product page.  That way they can select options and add to basket.

If there's not a work around, is there any skin recommendation or plug-in for in?

I found this old post, but I don't see the solution.

Thank you

Kathy

By "main product page", are you referring to the Latest Products on the Homepage? Or perhaps a View Category (including Sale Items) page? It is on these pages that a stock Cubecart will show an "Add" button even for items that have options that are required to be selected.

There is a plugin that supposedly adds the options to the product's panel on the Latest Products and View Category pages.

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

This is our plugin which you can see working on our demo site https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk - it is a true plugin and therefore requires no changes to core CubeCart files which the other mentioned mod does require.  Currently it does only add product options to the category listing pages though

I took the Buy button off the Latest Products and Category pages and changed it to read Details and link to the full product page. We sell used items, but I don't use options. It is important on our store that the customer read the full description, since some items have condition issues. Without doing that, some customers were purchasing from the image and title and unhappy when they discovered it was a used item. That seems like the easiest way to solve your problem, as it forces them to go to the full product page where they will see the option choices.

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2016 at 7:07 AM, Dirty Butter said:

I took the Buy button off the Latest Products and Category pages and changed it to read Details and link to the full product page. We sell used items, but I don't use options. It is important on our store that the customer read the full description, since some items have condition issues. Without doing that, some customers were purchasing from the image and title and unhappy when they discovered it was a used item. That seems like the easiest way to solve your problem, as it forces them to go to the full product page where they will see the option choices.

I know this is an older post but do you mind sharing how you did that?  

<a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}" class="button small postfix">{$LANG.common.info}</a>

I changed the wording for the common.info in the Language settings. But please understand, if you are using stock Foundation skin, that such edits will be over-written on upgrade and will need to be added back in.