[Resolved] Please help !!! Not able to open adminpage

manishgold

Welcome manishgold! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

We would need to know a bit more about your store (version? recently upgraded?) and the environment it is running under (what happened yesterday? hosting provider change anything?).

To start, may we have a web address?

Hi,

Just Yesterday, I have installed Cubecart 6.0.12 on my domain www.goldprint.co.in though Softaculous of A2hosting.

I'm using CUBECART just as catalog site not for e-commerce

I had uploaded my products to admin panel successfully and than I noticed that products are not visible on Homepage they are just reflecting in respective category pages. In a post here I saw that by editing config.xml in skins folder, I will be able to see products on home page. I tried it and products were available on home page but I don't know what did I wrong 2 new issues arose 1. I am not able to use this url: www.goldprint.co.in/admin.php    and secondly on home page product images are not appearing... just showing NO IMAGE

Hope you are clear... Please help me... thanks

For www.goldprint.co.in, the web server is returning a 200 OK response, so it thinks nothing is wrong.

For www.goldprint.co.in/admin.php, the web server is also sending a 200 OK response.

However, the web server is sending zero bytes -- nothing at all. So, that means PHP may be working, but CubeCart is getting confused about something.

When I ask for this file from your site, /skins/foundation/config.xml, I get:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Location: http://www.goldprint.co.in/skins/foundation/config.xml
Line Number 1, Column 2:
        <?xml version="1.0"?>
--------^

This tells me that when the config.xml file was edited, either:

• a programmer's text editor was not used, or
  • an accidental tab was inserted at the beginning of line 1.

Please restore the config.xml file and see if that restores the delivery of pages. Then we can figure out what else may be wrong.

Visit https://www.cubecart.com/download and download the actual CC6012 package, extract the config.xml file, and replace the existing edited file on your site.

Regarding the logo, the HTML is expecting it at: www.goldprint.co.in/images/logos/Goldprint_Wooden_Logo.jpg

... in the /images/logos/ folder. So, be sure the file is actually there and spelled correctly.

We will now need to determine why CubeCart thinks there have been no images assigned to the product.

In admin, open a product for editing. On the Images tab, make sure there is one image that has a gold star selected. That is, by clicking on an empty box on the right-side edge, it will change to a checked box, then a gold star, then back to an empty box. Click Save and Reload and verify the selection of an image is still present.

Using a "File Explorer" tool in your hosting Control Panel, please verify that the folders /images/, /cache/, /backup/, /includes/extra/, /files/, and perhaps /modules/, and all subfolders under each of them, all have CHMOD permissions to be written to. That CHMOD value should be something like 755. (In certain scenarios, that permission value may be 775.)

If the above does not make any sense to you, please have a conversation with your hosting provider to assist.

Found the reason :-

On site I had public_html/img not public_html/images/source I just checked this folder through file manager

So i just inserted this Images folder from original cubecart 6012 installation and its working.. :)

Thanks for your time & Support..

*********************************************************************************

Please, One another Q: How can I disable Price display option as i am using CUBECART just for CMS purpose where e-commerce is not required.

Im using : foundation skin

From admin, I have selected catalog mode

and also all currencies are disable already. Still it is showing "0.00" on site.

Thanks in advance... :)

This can be done, but it is a bit more complicated than just switching off a setting.

After all, CubeCart is an eCommerce solution, not a CMS solution.

It is very much like using a spreadsheet to write a book, or a wordprocessor to do your household budget. It can be done, but the better approach is to use the correct tool for the task.

There have been other conversations on the forum discussing this. But I'll have some instructions shortly.

• 1 month later...

The latest couple of versions of CubeCart have disallowed the log in approach of www.store.com/admin/. You must now use www.store.com/admin.php.

The reason is because an added security feature allows you to rename the admin.php script filename so that only you know it - as well as being able to rename the /admin/ folder. When the web server is given just /admin/, the web server uses it's list of default documents to choose which actual script to use in that folder -- in most cases, index.php. Then, the commands in /admin/index.php go back to /admin.php.

But, because /admin.php may have been renamed, the commands in /admin/index.php cannot ever possibly be right. So now, /admin/index.php simply returns a 404.