New to Cubecart

G Dubyah

As a newcomer to Cubecart I just wanted to tell you people how pleased I am with it.

Before CC my shop was with Shopify, my customers hated it, the layout, shopping basket, nothing was right with it, and it was costing sales, the thing they moaned about most was the lack of trust icons.

I tried several other solutions but found problems with all of them, form Magento to Squarespace, Xencart and others, all had issues, with Xencart you need to be a better coder than I am.

I tried CC for five weeks on a localhost before deciding to take it live, and I can honestly say I'm glad I chose it.

A big thanks to all those that help out on here, and a bigger thank you to those who wrote the core code.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend and she's using Shopify. She told me that everything in Shopify is great, the only thing she does not like in Shopify is the fees. If her business is good, it's does not matter to response for the fees. However, in bad cases, she is insufficient to pay for the fees. I'm planning to open my own online business, but still wonder which eCommerce platform should I choose. Is Cubercart really a good choice?

11 hours ago, HansZimmer said:

I have a friend and she's using Shopify. She told me that everything in Shopify is great, the only thing she does not like in Shopify is the fees. If her business is good, it's does not matter to response for the fees. However, in bad cases, she is insufficient to pay for the fees. I'm planning to open my own online business, but still wonder which eCommerce platform should I choose. Is Cubercart really a good choice?

I found Shopify to be expensive, especially the add ins, and a lot of them don't work how they should.

A lot depends on where you are in the world, Shopify is very US in it's format, my customers are 99% UK and they didn't like parts of the shop, "Too American" was the biggest observation.

Personally I find CC easier because I have a bit of HTML knowledge and can work with CSS,  it's a lot more difficult in shopify to make changes to phrases etc.

shipping costs are a lot more difficult to set up for the UK too, because of the way Royal Mail structure the prices on weight and size.