[Resolved] Unable to change order status from Pending to Processing

seasurge

Could someone help with the following problem, please?

When a customer places an order on my store, the order remains at "Pending". When I try to change it to "Processing" and click "Save" all I get is a blank screen and there is no change in the order status. I am still able to mark the transaction as "Complete", however.

The same happens if I create an order myself. I create the order for a customer, marking it as "Processing", and although the order gets created OK, the status is still "Pending"

Each attempt to change the status generates a system error:-

[Exception] ... /includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:62 - Syntax error in template "string:

Thank You {$DATA.first_name} {$DATA..." on line 62 "{if !empty($DATA.ship_method)}{$DATA.ship_method|replace:'_':' '}:{if !empty($DATA.ship_product)} ({$DATA.ship_product}){/if}{else}Shipping:{/if}

Strangely, I have the Ebay Orders plugin and orders coming in via this route work fine!

I'm not sure if it's a symptom of the problem or a separate issue, but I have also lost the ability to edit the HTML Email content and a blank section displays under the heading on the "HTML Content" tab.

I was on version 6.0.10 when the problem first occurred but have now upgraded to 6.0.12 and the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for any help...

The above error message was discussed at the post mentioned above. Please make the edit as discussed, then be sure to clear the skin cache (admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear Cache).

However, you mention losing the editor to make the edits. That is a separate issue and we will try to find a solution.

Try fixing the contents in the database this way: in admin, Maintenance, Query Database tab, enter into the Query box this statement:

UPDATE `CubeCart_email_content` SET `content_html` = replace(`content_html`, "{$DATA.ship_method|replace:'_':' '}", "{$DATA.ship_method}");

Then do it again with this statement:

UPDATE `CubeCart_email_content` SET `content_text` = replace(`content_text`, "{$DATA.ship_method|replace:'_':' '}", "{$DATA.ship_method}");

Be sure to prepend a table prefix if there is a note above the Quey box saying that there is one.

Thanks, both, for the replies.

I'd just made the changes directly in the database as bsmither's reply came in. I've tested and the "Pending" to "Processing" issue is now sorted.

I'm left with the issue of the no "HTML Content" edit box.

It has just occurred to me that both issues have arisen since I edited the HTML content of the Order Confirmed email, although I don't think I messed anything up as the changes were simple ones and there was no indication immediately after the edits that anything was wrong.

I have just discovered something really weird. I am editing an existing product's Description in a CC5.2.13 installation. The rich text editor box is visible, but there is no content in it. If I click the Source button, the actual HTML is shown.

I will be posting a separate conversation about this, once I get more details.

Something weird is going on here as well! The HTML edit box has mysteriously re-appeared without me doing anything. However, instead of the macros being text within braces, there's a single character symbol instead. If I copy/paste the macro name (eg. {$SHIPPING.first_name} ) it's converted immediately to the symbol, but if I type the macro name into the HTML window it stays as text. Copying/pasting the typed text results in another symbol whilst the original typed text remains as text.

There seems to be some form of automatic formatting going on... !

CubeCartSS.jpg

The bluish symbol is the editor's (CKEDitor) means to inform the user that what is behind this is "protected content".

The content is "protected" such that CKEditor will not attempt to 'parse' and render it into some sort of HTML. To format and/or render content not protected allows for stylistic statement formatting (leading spaces, tabs, new lines, etc), tag substitution (<em> instead if <i>), and other things. The protected content must not be messed with.

Hover your mouse cursor over the symbol will show what behind the symbol. Double-clinking the symbol brings up a dedicated edit box.

This is the latest attempt at getting CKEditor and the Smarty template processor to play nice with each other.

It's still not perfect. Look carefully at the address blocks, second line (S is the symbol), as an example:

S)}S

Ah... presumably that change was made after CC6.0.10, which would explain why it's different now to how it was when I last saw it before the box disappeared.

In that case, although I don't understand why the HTML editor box disappeared in the first place, or why it re-appeared apparently of its own accord, my problem has been solved, so thank you (and keat, who pointed me to the solution in the other post) for that.

Colin