[Resolved] Setting specific rules for EU customers

digiscrapcafe

Hi,

I am having an issue with setting EU rules etc.

This may sound confusing but here goes.

I do not want to sell to EU customers when it involves currencies, but,

since I sell digital products, and occasionally add freebies, I do want them to be able to order and download those.

I have tried every which way to mess with the tax and zone settings etc, and have had my CT from Australia, and a

friend from the UK test for me, and no matter what, the cart stops them. I even tried setting up a tax rule of FREE set at 0 cost, but nothing let's them in. 

Am I doing something wrong, or is there simply not a capability to do this in CubeCart 6, I have the latest version.

Assuming you only sell digital products I think you will need to set up two different tax classes. One for digital goods that excludes EU countries and one for freebies that includes EU countries and apply each one to the relevant product. Shouldn't be too difficult to test. Are you using the All In One shipping mod? If so then this may also need some change to settings so post back if this is the case.

No I am not using any shipping modes as it is all digital...

I think I pretty much did do what you suggested, which was:

set up two different tax classes. One for digital goods that excludes EU countries and one for freebies that includes EU countries and apply each one to the relevant product. 

but neither my UK friend, nor my Australian friend could access the freebies.

And it's not like I have a lot of freebie, but it would be nice to at least not have to send them to another link off site to get it.

Also, the USA side seems to work just fine, but only I personally tested it, so hopefully someone who is not me from the US or Canada, 

won't have any problems.

Also my AU friend says she can't even see the cart buttons, like the trash icon, or the update cart etc buttons, and I logged in as her, and discovered I could not either, but could still see them fine logging in with my test account.....

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't remember so much now, that was a couple weeks ago,

but I can say it had to do with how the zones and taxes are set. I was able to lock out all EU countries that I 

am not supporting, and enable the ones like Australia, and my CT is now able to log in, and purchase freebies,

and products....  Before only US and Canada were able to.

In the zones you have to be sure the countries etc, are enabled or disabled for each one.

In my cart back, it already had the EU countries ticked as EU, so I was able to see them easily, and just made sure, they 

and any other countries I did not want were disabled, and the countries I did want were enabled. 

Hope that makes sense, it was one of those things where you stare at, or trial and error enough, and then suddenly it dawns on you :detective:

By the way, THIS>

set up two different tax classes. One for digital goods that excludes EU countries and one for freebies that includes EU countries and apply each one to the relevant product. 

Never did work for me, and I just opted to exclude all non supported EU, and redirect them to either my Etsy shop, or to my ShareCG page where the freebies are being loaded for them...

I did however, fix the EU non EU issue because before not even my Australian CT could get in, and for me this is resolved... but the FREE issue was not, I just bypassed it....