Warning message in Cubecart

Ggib

On trying to do an upgrade and also other admin maintenance, the following error message has come up;

Warning: Memcache::connect(): Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:11211, Connection refused (111) in /vhost/vhost14/p/o/l/polscoecottage.co.uk/www/classes/cache/memcache.class.php on line 39 Warning: Couldn't initiate Memcache. Please set 'memcache_host' and 'memcache_port' in the includes/global.inc.php file. in /vhost/vhost14/p/o/l/polscoecottage.co.uk/www/classes/cache/memcache.class.php on line 40 Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql06.iomart.com' (111) in /vhost/vhost14/p/o/l/polscoecottage.co.uk/www/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 30 Warning: mysqli_options(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /vhost/vhost14/p/o/l/polscoecottage.co.uk/www/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 32 Fatal error: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql06.iomart.com' (111) in /vhost/vhost14/p/o/l/polscoecottage.co.uk/www/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 35

Any help with what this means and what we need to do to get rid of it and carry on would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I am upgrading from 6.0.8 to 6.0.12 and it redirects me to a new page with that message on when attempting to do the upgrade.

The same message is also coming up when carrying out any admin tasks but then it is just displayed at the top of the cube cart page.

I have no idea what PHP we are on -how do I find out?! Nor do we know what memcache is - so I guess we are not using it!

On the Dashboard there is a Tab for Store Overview. You will find what PHP you are currently using there. There is a setting about memcache that needs to be changed, if I'm remembering correctly from another thread. I'll try to find it.

Take a look at this:

17 minutes ago, Ggib said:

The same message is also coming up when carrying out any admin tasks but then it is just displayed at the top of the cube cart page.

Does the admin task proceed as expected, even with this message showing?

For the memcache issue you have two solutions : either ask your hosting company to install memcache (or give you the details of their memcache server) or change the caching method to use local file based - this isnt as good or as fast but many hosting companies dont provide memcache (we do :D)

Al's post shows how to tell your store to use file based caching ie

Open your includes/global.inc.php file and add one line before the closing PHP tag "?>" like;

$glob['cache'] 		= 'file';

OK

Thanks for all your help so far - I have added the line into the includes/global.inc.php file and have got rid of the message.

But now I am back to the age old problem in that it will not upgrade automatically - hence the reason why I avoid these upgrades like the plague. Every time I try an upgrade I am told I need to do it manually which always sends me into a panic! I thought I had an old answer somewhere hidden in these forums on how to do the manual upgrade and I can sort of remember. But as I can't find it, and I am not 100% certain please can someone remind me what to do once I have downloaded the new version.

Also, please can someone explain why the automatic upgrades do not work for me!!

Thanks again for all your help.

It's OK - I've found the link for the upgrade but I am still intrigued as to why an automatic upgrade is never possible and I always have to do the manual one??

22 minutes ago, Ggib said:

It's OK - I've found the link for the upgrade but I am still intrigued as to why an automatic upgrade is never possible and I always have to do the manual one??

It depends why the automatic upgrade is failing ?  It could be that your hosting server is slow and the process is exceeding the PHP process limit setting (which itself may be set too low), or it could be running out of PHP process memory (again a common issue on some cheaper hosting platforms) but it could also be other reasons

Ian

OK Thanks

Upgrade completed and although it is now telling me that we are running on the most recent version I also have the following message:

Your store is currently using the latest version. Please click force upgrade to restore to the default code for this version.

What is meant by the second sentence and will hitting the 'force upgrade' button get rid of our own 'skin' ?

And - do we do it before or after removing the setup folder to keep the site secure?

Is the PHP 5.4.45 version OK or does this need upgrading too, and if so where does the latest PHP version come from?

The sentence about "click Force Upgrade" is a bit misleading. I would say this would be useful if, having made significant personal edits to the codebase has caused ireversable and bewildering behaviors, then dumping at all and reinstalling a fresh same-version codebase might restore to normal behavior.

A skin not named /foundation/ will survive an upgrade.

You can do the upgrade procedure with or without the /setup/ folder in place.

PHP 5.4.45 is sufficient to run CubeCart, but PHP 5.6 will be better for long term feature and security support by the people who make PHP. Depending on the type of hosting account you have, choosing what version of PHP your site uses may be a choice you can make, else you will need to have the hosting provider make the change for you.