[Resolved] Misalignment on checkout page

Checking through my site i found that there is an alignment problem on the checkout page with the "Empty basket box and text in the other boxes. please see pic, need a fix if there is one. I am using Mican theme

Yes. This is because every browser is free to style the HTML elements however it wants. Because of this, someone graciously created a "normalize.css" file. This file is included in the Foundation skin /css/ folder. The normalize.css may fix the following:

On the checkout page, there are three buttons: Empty Basket, Update Basket, and Checkout». The Empty Basket is a URL link (an <a href> tag), while the other two are form <input> elements. And there is the difference: your browser's internal stylesheet places the form elements just slightly higher than the baseline of text -- the text of a link.

So, we can exchange the link to use a form element with form element styling -- the <button>.

In the Mican template content.checkout.php:

Near line 77:
	<div class="basket_actions">
	  <a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="button_default left">{$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</a>

Change to:
	<div class="basket_actions">
	  {* <a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true"> *}
	  <button class="button_default left" onClick="window.location='{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true'; return false;">{$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</button>
	  {* </a> *}

The anchor link has been wrapped in template comments so as to remind you where it came from.

The button is made to perform an action that simulates clicking a URL link. Then false is returned so that the form it is a member of will not be submitted.

Be sure to test the action of emptying the cart.