Question Regard of Online Payment Gateway Installation

ohsembuy

Greeting to cubecart's team and cubecarters,

I just started using cubecart v6 and I was very impressed with the functions of cubecart. However, I'm now encounter some problems and I need some suggestions here.

I used Softaculous to install my online ecommerce website (Ohsembuy) with the latest cubecart v6, it's working fast and smoothly without any hassle. Until now, I've uploaded more than 20 products onto the store.

Yesterday, I'm ready to add the "Online Payment Gateway" from "WebCash". The customer support manager from WebCash informed me that I need to insert the "Online Payment Gateway API" by myself. 

I login to my webstore and try to add on the gateway API. However, I found out that I can't edit those PHP codes (All the PHP codes are fixed) just like the below picture: 

I can only view the PHP info, but can't barely change or edit the PHP codes.

My question here - Is there any alternative solution for me to add the "Online Payment Gateway API" onto my webstore, since I can't change or edit the PHP codes?

PS: I really need to solve this problem urgently, hopefully someone will guide me here.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Simon Wilson.

Fixed PHP code.jpg

Welcome ohsembuy! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart uses modules to perform certain functions, such as shipping, payment gateways, etc. You can see a list of modules here:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/recent

In the Payment Gateway section, I do not see a "WebCash" module.

A module could be built, and easily done so if WebCash works the same as any of the several standard ways of doing things (IPN, Authorize, a few others).

I looked at the WebCash site and could not find any technical documentation about how one would create a module to have a store communicate with WebCash's servers. Until that technical documentation can be located, one cannot build the module.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:47 AM, bsmither said:

Welcome ohsembuy! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart uses modules to perform certain functions, such as shipping, payment gateways, etc. You can see a list of modules here:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/recent

In the Payment Gateway section, I do not see a "WebCash" module.

A module could be built, and easily done so if WebCash works the same as any of the several standard ways of doing things (IPN, Authorize, a few others).

I looked at the WebCash site and could not find any technical documentation about how one would create a module to have a store communicate with WebCash's servers. Until that technical documentation can be located, one cannot build the module.

Hi bsmither,

Firstly, thank you very much for your prompt reply. Yup, there's no "WebCash" module in the Payment Gateway section, it's much like a local payment gateway system. 

I was wondering, is it possible for me to upload the "WebCash Payment Gateway API" in .php format onto the "modules > gateway" section and working fine, like the picture I attached below...

Thanks again.

Adding WebCash Payment Gateway API php file onto the Modules and Gateway.jpg

CubeCart expects all the modules (shipping, gateway, etc) to conform to a particular format: a main "class" file containing specific functions (class functions are called 'methods') that perform specific tasks. There would be other specifically named files in specifically named folders as well.

From whatever code and technical data Web Cash can provide, we can create a module that CubeCart can use.

As a merchant customer, do you have access to the sample code and technical documentation for their API? I couldn't find it.

22 hours ago, bsmither said:

CubeCart expects all the modules (shipping, gateway, etc) to conform to a particular format: a main "class" file containing specific functions (class functions are called 'methods') that perform specific tasks. There would be other specifically named files in specifically named folders as well.

From whatever code and technical data Web Cash can provide, we can create a module that CubeCart can use.

As a merchant customer, do you have access to the sample code and technical documentation for their API? I couldn't find it.

Hi Brian (bsmither),

Thanks for your detailed explanation about the "Class" and "Methods". I'm glad to hear that Cubecart is able to adapt with the WebCash's payment gateway. Right now, I haven't got the final API code from the WebCash's provider. Once I did, I will return and paste the API code here.

PS: By the way, hope you and your family have an awesome "4th of July" day :)

Regards,

Simon Wilson.