I'm impressed with MailChimp Automation!!

Dirty Butter

I'm still on the free MailChimp Account, but if I ever did pass the threshold for the free account, I would still use it. I like the fact that I don't have to worry about throttling limits from my host. But what really makes it so useful to me is the Automation feature. I've just scratched the surface with using it, but the possibilities seem to be endless.

Right now I have two scenarios in automated workflows. A new Newsletter subscriber automatically gets a personalized email, offering a discount coupon. Customers receive a personalized email a set number of days after their order ships, with a call to write a testimonial or review about their order.

I haven't yet done it, but I intend to create additional emails triggered by such things as those who clicked on the call to action/those who didn't. The ability to choose triggers of all kinds that add subscribers to a given email queue is very flexible.

The key for me to be able to do this from within CC with ease is the use of SemperFiWebServices' Mailchimp plugin. But MC Automation can be done without the plugin. Before getting the plugin, I had been doing it that way for some time. It just meant manually creating the MC subscriber list(s) needed to "feed" the automated mailings.

I'd be interested in hearing how you make use of the Automation feature on MailChimp.

We've been using it to great success for a few years.

We quite often send out 30,000+ emails to all our customers when we run a promo.

The last thing I want to do is blacklist my server IP.

We use MC on a manual basis, as I have to combine CC email addresses along with emails that we might take over the phone.

• 4 months later...