[Resolved] switch.php and cart.php 404 errors

cpierrep

Hi folks

I'm noticing a large number of 404 errors on my cubecart site, specifically for two php giels:

switch.php. (899 such messages in the past 12 days). 
cart.php (485 over the pas 12 days)

Are these standard cc-files? (I assume that to be the case, as that is what my site consists of, but i cannot find a trace of them existing either on my site or on the old backup - closest is a cart.class.php

thanks

They don't sound familiar to me, but I'm FAR from a knowledgeable CC user!! Do you have Debug enabled in Admin>Store Settings>Advanced? If not, please do and report any warnings you get and what action caused it.

Also, please create the php error_log, if you haven't already and report your findings.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51272-resolved-cant-print-orders-first-order/?do=findComment&comment=217730

And also check to see if there are any Code Snippets you don't recognize.

Have you just upgraded? From what? What plugins/mods do you have in place? Did you have any mods from a previous version that are no longer in use, but still in the files?

The files cart.php and switch.php are part of CC3/4.

If at some time in the past, your domain was running CC3/4, then the 404 errors are very likely coming from search engine crawlers wanting to update their indexes.

Some crawlers will honor a robots.txt file that specifies these files as "do not index", and maybe "remove from index". (I don't know if a robots.txt file has that directive.)

In your .htaccess file, you can add directives that will tell the web server to send a permanent redirect (301 code) to the CubeCart homepage.

For other crawlers, you will just have to live with the 404 entries in the logs.