[Resolved] USPS PLUGIN Setup

bluesjamjim

Just installed the USPS plugin V1.1.2 in a new install of CC_V6.0.12,, My userID is filled in, zip (800304232) weight =50 package= Regular,, size= variable.and Status is checked along with Machinable.Services are First Class options and Priority options.

When I test order a product I get this ERROR:

:

The following errors were detected:

• Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

It is almost as if the cart does not see the USPS plugin. I even used the same zipcode for the order destination. I super really need to figure this out,, any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the Origin ZIP, we recommend not using the zip+4 format -- use only the five-digit zip.

CubeCart will report no suitable shipping methods if the shipping modules do not return an acceptable rate result.

Please view the admin, Request Log. There will be the Request and Response.

Thanks bsmither:

I hope you can translate for me:

Request Sent - http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="xxx"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>800304232</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>800304232</ZipDestination> <Pounds>54</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>
Response received <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219498</Number><Source>RateEngineV4;RateV4.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender. </Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></RateV4Response>
Edited by Dirty Butter
I removed your UserID

I see 54 pounds for the shipping weight which is 2lbs on the products vitals page. so why would it send 54lbs request when the weight is entered as 2.000

I changed the weight in the plugin from 50 to 100 and now look at the request:

Request Sent - http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="xxx"> <Package ID="0"> <Service>ALL</Service> <ZipOrigination>80030</ZipOrigination> <ZipDestination>800304232</ZipDestination> <Pounds>102</Pounds> <Ounces>0</Ounces> <Container>VARIABLE</Container> <Size>REGULAR</Size> <Machinable>True</Machinable> <ReturnLocations>TRUE</ReturnLocations> </Package> </RateV4Request>
Response received <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219497</Number><Source>RateEngineV4;RateV4.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the recipient. </Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></RateV4Response>

102lbs before it was 52, 54, now 102???? HOW?

"Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the recipient."

For the customer's Destination ZIP, we recommend not using the zip+4 format -- use only the five-digit zip.

Until CubeCart has a valid customer destination address, the store's address will be used. (There are several conversations about this.)

In the very short term, in Store Settings, edit your store's zip code to be just the five digit code.

The USPS module does, in fact, look for a proper zip+4 format for the delivery zip code and trims to the first five digits. The zip 800304232 is not a proper zip+4 format as it is missing the dash that separates the two parts. Thus, the module does not trim the zip code.

In your first post, you mention setting a Packaging Weight of 50. This value gets added into the total weight you are asking USPS to ship. Please reconsider the weight of the packaging you are specifying. Perhaps a value of 0.5 (where CubeCart is set to use Imperial Pounds -- lbs.)

I did change the zipcode in the last post, changed the destinations zip to 5 digit, but had no clue what to enter into the Packaging weight.... These words of GENIUS from you: " This value gets added into the total weight you asking USPS to ship."  broke through my idiot brain Packaging weight, DUH!

I checked the test purchase and no ERROR,, so THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP!!!