Shopping Basket Issues

Wairds

Scenario:

1. Add item to basket.

2. Checkout and payment processed through PayPal Standard sandbox account.

3. Come back to shop and add another item to basket.

4. Go to checkout and item ordered in Step 1 still showing.

5. Tried to empty basket and it wont clear.

6. Go to a different screen and item added in Step 1 is showing in basket but when basket icon is clicked on screen states basket is empty.

Anybody encountered something similar and have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Many thanks for your prompt response however it does go through to the PayPal payment screen and the whole purchasing process appears successful. 

However the order status stays at pending and I receive no email response from PayPal regarding the order and I wonder if this is why the basket us not being reset?

I had a similar problem when setting up my CC6 store - the order was staying at pending and the customer (i.e. me using a different e-mail) and myself as admin got no messages.

In my case, it was a fault in the e-mail template for orders preventing it being sent and the process completing - this seems to be a CC glitch as others have had the same problem and none of us have edited the pertinent part of the template.

Have a look in your error log - down towards the bottom of the admin menu under Advanced.  If you go to the second tab for System Error Log mine showed this error when it happened:

[Exception] /home/yourshopnamewillbehere/public_html/staging/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:84 - Syntax error in template "string:

Thank You {$DATA.first_name}!

)}

" - Unexpected ")"

These two threads discuss this template issue:

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51457-order-stuck-on-pending-smarty-syntex-error-in-error-log/

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51483-resolved-order-confirmation-email-query/

It's also worth looking at the history tab for the order itself to see what PayPal appeared to be doing - I've deleted those test purchases now, but I think it had several entries at pending as it tried to resolve it.

Obviously it might be something entirely different, but being stuck on pending makes it sound very similar.

My Request log also showed a verified response for the problematic pending orders, but without the error log, it looks to be something different then.

Sorry, that's about the limit of the help I can offer.  Others here are significantly more knowledgeable than me.