PHP7 ?

Martin Lines

Hi Martin

Al @cubecart has stated in a recent post that the latest V6 is supposed to work 100% on php V7 and our own tests confirm this. Looking at your url, the problems you are having are due to other problems :

1) you have security warnings due to not having a valid SSL / TLS certificate on that domain

2) there is a problem with the APC cache functionality - do you have that enabled in your CubeCart global.inc.php file but not installed / configured on the server ?

Ian

Ian,

Thanks, the certificate problem is because this is a copy of my live system running on a test server so the URL does not match the certificate.

Thanks for the pointer to APC, I have added in APC support to the PHP7 instance but it doesnt seem to be working. If I edit the global.inc file to remove caching I then move onto an ioncube issue :)

Thanks

Martin

I would not recommend APC on any PHP versions from 5.5 or above - we always configure Zend OpCache at a server level which is the built in opcode caching extension for PHP now and use memcached for CubeCart caching (configured in global.inc.php).  Memcached is far, far superior to using the default "files" based caching or in fact any of the other available options currently in CubeCart (we have requested that Redis be added as an option which is even better and is what we use for our Magento hosted sites)

As I mentioned recently in another on here somewhere ionCube is only in beta release for php 7 and from our testing still has some issues - CubeCart shouldn't need ionCube unless you have some third party plugins that require it

Ian