Product Images Missing In Admin Picker/File Manager [Resolved]

thirtyottsixx

I moved my site to a server running a PHP 5.4+ so I can install the new upgrade.  After I moved the site (I hadn't installed the upgrade), I noticed none of my product images are showing in edit product / images picker or under the File Manager > Images tab.  The images are showing on the front end and I can see them on the server. 

I wonder if rebuilding the file list would fix it.  I don't know what version you're on or when this feature came in (as I recently jumped from v3 to v6) - but I've found that images don't show in admin until they feature in the images list.  I do this each time I upload any new images (i.e. by ftp), before I try adding them to my product pages.

To create/update this, in Admin go to Images in the left hand menu and click the right-most tab at the top - 'Update File List' and it will spend a little time indexing the image files - when it flashes up at the top that it's done, your images should be available in Admin. for adding to product pages, viewing etc.

As far as I am aware the file list in the images tab is populated from the filemanager table. Have a look in that table to see if there is anything different with the four last entries you made e.g. any blank fields in the previous list or anything look odd? Also what version were you on before and after the move?

2 minutes ago, ayz1 said:

As far as I am aware the file list in the images tab is populated from the filemanager table. Have a look in that table to see if there is anything different with the four last entries you made e.g. any blank fields in the previous list or anything look odd? Also what version were you on before and after the move?

The only difference I see is the filepath field for the images that were uploaded Before the server upgrade have nothing in the filepath field. The images uploaded After the server upgrade have NULL in that field.

7 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

If they are showing on the store front, the FileManager relationship with each listing is intact. Do you have Debug enabled in Store Settings>Advanced? If so, do you get any messages when the FileManager page loads?

I enabled debugging and no php errors in the file manager. 

Thanks for your replies in trying to help solve this.

You can try going to the maintenance section in admin and click on the database tab. Select the filemanager table and then select Repair in the drop down list at the bottom of the page and then click on the Submit button.

1 minute ago, Dirty Butter said:

Are all your image files in the source folder, or are they in sub-folders? Some of mine are in sub-folders. Those have a folder name in the filepath. All those in the source folder have NULL.

They are all in the source folder.  The odd thing is entering (NULL) into the filepath made the image show up in the image picker in the admin but it broke the image on the front end. 

I'm sorry we haven't been able to help, but unless Bsmither or someone else with the skills to know what else to try comes along shortly - you should consider contacting CC for help. It's not free, but the CS contract can be cancelled at any time. Surely one payment would be enough to solve this.

As the images stopped showing when you added null to the filemanager table maybe try repairing the image_index table. Worth a try just to rule it out. It does seem to be a database problem of some kind. Have you done the upgrade yet? If not if it was me I would try that after making a store backup. If you have done the upgrade then sometimes following an upgrade the database doesn't update correctly. I've had this happen a couple of times. Had to get Al at Cubecart support to sort it out.

17 hours ago, ayz1 said:

As the images stopped showing when you added null to the filemanager table maybe try repairing the image_index table. Worth a try just to rule it out. It does seem to be a database problem of some kind. Have you done the upgrade yet? If not if it was me I would try that after making a store backup. If you have done the upgrade then sometimes following an upgrade the database doesn't update correctly. I've had this happen a couple of times. Had to get Al at Cubecart support to sort it out.

I actually ran a repair on all the tables and still have the same problem.  The problem occurred after the server upgrade but before the CC 6.0.12 upgrade.  I installed the upgrade thinking it might solve it.