[Resolved] Notes Displaying on User Account

Willyl

Hi,

I am creating a online shop for selling online software keys.  I have Cubecart V6 Installed

I am updating orders via the notes section per order.  I understand that a email gets sent out with the notes at the bottom with the invoice.
However I was wondering
Is there a way to either:
1) display notes via user account?
2) display notes via a new link on user account to eg 'Your Keys'?

Thank you for your time.

Look forward to hearing any help from anyone.

Cheers
Will

Welcome to the forums, Will. The comments from the customer and yours to the customer show on the Order Details when logged in as the customer. I'm guessing it would be possible to create a new tab within the Order Details and get all your comments there, but accomplishing that would likely be involved.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Welcome to the forums, Will. The comments from the customer and yours to the customer show on the Order Details when logged in as the customer. I'm guessing it would be possible to create a new tab within the Order Details and get all your comments there, but accomplishing that would likely be involved.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
When I check a test order it doesn't seem to show Order Details when logged in as a test user.
Website is https://sharkbyteit.com.au/onlineshop/
Any thoughts at all?
Thank you for your help
Cheers
Will

I created a test account on your site and can click on the Order History, which of course was empty. So I've "ordered" your software. I was hoping I'd be able to see the Order History without actually paying, but since it's a digital item that isn't going to work. Feel free to delete my test customer info and order info - it's all fake.

I spoke too soon. When I went back to Home I saw the Account button and clicked on it. Up popped the Order History and my comment to you is there.

I just downloaded the e_trend skin and it does not seem to have the notes TO customer in the skin.

I content.receipt.php around line 32 add the note_to_customer code so it looks like this:

{if !empty($SUM.note_to_customer)}
<blockquote>{$SUM.note_to_customer}</blockquote>
{/if}
{if !empty($SUM.customer_comments)}
<h3>{$LANG.common.comments}</h3>
<p>&quot;{$SUM.customer_comments}&quot;</p>
{/if}

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

I just downloaded the e_trend skin and it does not seem to have the notes TO customer in the skin.

I content.receipt.php around line 32 add the note_to_customer code so it looks like this:

{if !empty($SUM.note_to_customer)}
<blockquote>{$SUM.note_to_customer}</blockquote>
{/if}
{if !empty($SUM.customer_comments)}
<h3>{$LANG.common.comments}</h3>
<p>&quot;{$SUM.customer_comments}&quot;</p>
{/if}

Thank you so much.  I will add it to the  content.receipt.php when I get back from my crazy day. 
Cheers

Will

Hi Dirty Butter,
I have added a comment to your test order.  May I ask another question?

Dispatch Date under delivery says:

Delivery

Dispatch Date: 0000-00-00

Track: Free Shipping

I would have thought it would say the date when the order was complete there?  What have I missed if you can see anything at all?

Cheers
Will

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

No, sorry, there is no correlation between moving an order to Complete and the value an admin enters into the Dispatch Date field.

Okay thank you for clarifying bsmither!

I have come across a couple of further questions:

1.  In Registration form and address book, Can I change the word County to State?
2.  Can I add a field that wont change on the order receipt.  Need to add our ABN (Australian business number)?

I think that is all of the questions.  If anyone can help that would be most appreciated.  Thank you for all of your help so far! 

Cheers
Will

Language changes are made in Admin by clicking on your flag and choosing the appropriate section ( not always obvious). Your change is databased and will survive upgrades.

Yes, simply add the information to the receipt code. The endings are php, but it's regular html.

On 8/2/2016 at 9:25 PM, Dirty Butter said:

Language changes are made in Admin by clicking on your flag and choosing the appropriate section ( not always obvious). Your change is databased and will survive upgrades.

Yes, simply add the information to the receipt code. The endings are php, but it's regular html.

Hi Dirty Butter,

Thank you for replying.
May I ask where the option is to change County to State?  I seem to be missing it.

Cheers
Will

In admin, Languages, click the edit icon for the language you are using (maybe English (UK) - en-GB?).

On the next page, from the drop-down selector, choose Address. Then, from the list that appears a second or two later, scroll to the 'state' key and change the "State" phrase to whatever you need. Click Save.