How to Create the Error Log

Using a programmer's text editor (not a word processor), please create a file called ini-custom.inc.php, and have as its contents:

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');
?>

Make sure this file has only these contents -- absolutely no lines or spaces before <?php and no lines or spaces after ?>. Place this file in CubeCart's main folder at your site.

Your hosting control panel's set of tools may have an editor available.

If the problem is with CubeCart, and you get the blank page, there should be a new file named error_log in the main folder.

• 7 months later...

Thank you very much for the reply

The page is totally white - no nav bar on the left, the remainder of the admin panel functions correctly.

I've created the ini.custom.inc file and placed it in the root directory. I've then navigated to the categories page and checked for an error_log in the root directory - it's not there.

• 2 years later...
On 8/8/2016 at 5:16 PM, bsmither said:

Using a programmer's text editor (not a word processor), please create a file called ini-custom.inc.php, and have as its contents:

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');
?>

Make sure this file has only these contents -- absolutely no lines or spaces before <?php and no lines or spaces after ?>. Place this file in CubeCart's main folder at your site.

Your hosting control panel's set of tools may have an editor available.

If the problem is with CubeCart, and you get the blank page, there should be a new file named error_log in the main folder.

Thanks! I created the file and when I tried to clear the error log I still got a blank page and there was no file named error_log in the main folder but it did clear the error log so that's great!  I set my database back to it's original and I can now add reviews through the admin panel so it must have been something with my copied review table. I will try to copy the database over again. If it fails after that I will just add them manually. Thanks again for your help!

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Here are the steps on how to create an error log for CubeCart:

1. Go to the Admin section of your CubeCart site.
  2. Click on the System tab.
  3. Click on the Error Logging tab.
  4. Select the Enable Error Logging checkbox.
  5. Enter the path to the directory where you want the error log to be saved.
  6. Click on the Save button.

Once you have enabled error logging, CubeCart will create a new file called error.log in the directory you specified. This file will contain all of the errors that occur on your site. You can open this file to see the errors and troubleshoot them.

I hope this helps!   https://www.marykayintouch.website/

Edited by madilyn52