[Resolved] 500 Internal Server Error after WAMPSERVER installation

carpekd

Hello,

I have installed cubecart on my local machine using WAMPSERVER to develop my store offline.  Installation went smoothly, but when I go to the store front or the admin address, I get a 500 internal server error.

I checked the server error logs and it repeats the following: 

[Mon Aug 01 18:32:35.275600 2016] [core:alert] [pid 8344:tid 1108] [client ::1:52091] C:/wamp64/www/.htaccess: Invalid command 'IndexIgnore', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I'm not sure what the problem is with "IndexIgnore"....

My wampserver is running Apache 2.4.17 and PHP 7

CubeCart placed that .htaccess file there, if one did not exist already.

So, please view the contents of .htaccess and determine if the directive looks exactly like this:

#### Apache directory listing rules ####
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
IndexIgnore *

Note the asterisk.

Not being an expert with .htaccess directives (which, among other things, are web server configuration statements), IndexIgnore seems to be telling the web server what NOT to include when delivering a listing of any folders' contents -- which, in this case, is everything.

However, this directive is only understood (otherwise will throw a 500ISE) when the apache module autoindex_module (aka mod_autoindex) is in use.

Please examine the contents of the file /includes/global.inc.php.

There may be one or two statements that could indicate custom values for the admin folder name (default 'admin') and the admin start file name (default 'admin.php').

The global.inc.php looked fine:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';

I reinstalled and I'm able to access the admin.php page.... but now it won't accept my login credentials that i created during installation.  I checked the database entry in admin_users and everything looks correct.  I thought maybe I had mistyped my password but it doesn't recognize my info when i try to retrieve the lost password...

this is frustrating

By "looks correct", you should know that the password column in the database table is an incredibly long series of apparently random characters. This is the result of using a 'salt' value, the supplied password value, then sending them through a "whirlpool". Thus, if you have a recognizeable entry for a password, it is not correct.

To review, the URL to get into the admin is simply www.mystore.com/admin.php. If you come from an earlier version of CC, you may be familiar with www.mystore.com/admin/, which will give you a 404.

Correct, the password value is encrypted in the database.  

So, here is where i'm at:

1) I installed and created my administrator profile with the username "admin" and password "admin" (don't worry, this is only on my local machine for test purposes).  I also entered my email address.

2) After installation, I check the database to make sure the admin profile is correctly entered

3) I go to localhost/admin.php and the admin login screen appears.

4) I enter my username and password (admin) and when I hit submit it brings me back to the login screen.  If I enter a wrong username and password the screen goes blank.

5) If I click the password retrieval link and enter my username and email address, it says that is not a valid profile.... but i'm looking at it in mysql

CubeCart wants to create a session based on the 'path' to the store, typically '/'. In many cases that works.

CubeCart also want to set a cookie to the host, in this case being 'localhost', and also for this cookie, wants to set a domain, in this case being ".localhost". Note the period in front.

Running CC6 on a localhost is problematic but easily solved.

In the file /includes/global.inc.php:

You MUST have these statements:

$glob['installed'] = '1';
$glob['cookie_domain'] = '127.0.0.1'; // No trailing slash - BEST to use IP address
$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://127.0.0.1/store'; // No trailing slash
$glob['standard_url'] = 'http://127.0.0.1/store'; // No trailing slash
$glob['ssl_url'] = 'https://127.0.0.1/store'; // No trailing slash
$glob['rootRel'] = '/store/'; // MUST have trailing slash -- use single slash for no path

Many browsers (Chrome especially) will not send back the cookie if the cookie parameters do not match where you are sending a page request.