[Resolved] Different Prices For Two or More

DarwinUK

Hello Everyone.

Im selling PC support as a sideline. I want to charge 15 pounds for the first hour, then ten pounds for every other hour after. Ive got the one product listed for 15 pounds, but is it possible to have the price reflect if they purchased two products.

I say "Product" where the product is time based. The main price is listed as 15 pounds, but if someone purchases two of the products then the price would 25 pounds instead of 30 pounds, so is it possible to have cubecart work out the price ?

The same applies if they buy three, instead of the price being 45 pounds, it would 35 pounds and so on. First hour at 15, then next two hours at 10.

Thanks

Phillip

Hi Dirty Butter.

I entered Quantity 2 and price 25 pounds, then quantity 3 price 35 pounds. Saved and then tested. I added three of the product to my basket and its showing as 3 x 35 pounds ????? Sorry to be so thick.

Am I supposed to be entering 2 items and price of 12.50 each ? But 3 items would be 11.66666666666667 each, would it round itself up to 35 pounds

There are two solutions (without using a plugin): Quantity Discounted Prices and Options.

In Quantity Discounted Prices, you need to calculate how much each unit will cost when the customer buys more than one unit. For your solution, that would be:
1 at 15 pounds each
2 at 12.50 pounds each
3 at 11.66 pounds each
4 at 11.25 each
etc.

For Options, you assign:
"Add one hour" and give a price differential of 10 pounds (or a fixed price of 25 pounds)
"Add two hours" and give a price differential of 20 pounds (or a fixed price of 35 pounds)
etc.

• 4 weeks later...