product options

foz1234

Until now we've never required any product options, just wondered if someone would be kind enough to tell me how this is set up?

i see the option under Inventory - product options but what does each field do?

group options - option attributes - option sets  

once the product option is set up i assume i would then add that to my product under the tab options

thanks for any advice

foz

The first step is to create a collection of options. This collection will eventually be assigned to products.

In admin, Product Options, Option Groups, add a new group. For example, Color. Then click Save.

On the Option Attributes tab, select Color from the drop-down selector. Enter a new attribute. For example, Red. Click the little green circle with white plus. Enter a second attribute. For example, Blue. Click the little green circle with white plus. Keep doing this for a few more attributes. Save.

The second step is to assign options to products.

In admin, Products, click the Edit icon for a product you want to add options to. On the Options tab, select the option you want to assign to this product. From the Add New Option drop-down selector, choose Color: Red. If this product has a different price for this style, you can enter a price differential or an absolute price. For now, leave blank. Click the little green circle with white plus. Keep doing this for a few more options. Save.

You should now see these options listed on the product's details page on the storefront.

I've figured out why it was not showing in the shop, i had tried to set it up before asking above, but I've had to add 2 option attributes before it shows up in the shop with a dropdown menu, even if i only select 1 status in products then it shows. it did not show with only 1 option attributes.

thanks again for your help.