receiving order emails when they have not paid

carey

my cart has run perfectly for the last few years. however lately, there have been a few glitches.

1 - I used to only receive the order email from the cart when the payment from paypal was complete. now i am receiving orders that have not been paid
(sometimes people shop, click the paypal link and then walk away from their computer).
**Once they click the "pay with paypal link" the order shows up in my cart and is emailed to me from the cart.
**they don't always complete the order.

then when the customer comes back and actually completes the order, we get another email from the cart. (duplicated orders, or if they added another shirt, multiple orders with different products where they only paid for the last order)

the long version would be to compare every paypal transaction with the names of my customers, to eliminate duplicated orders, but this would take forever. we dont remember having this problem before.

so far I tried:
turning off all "receive notifications of orders" in my administrators (staff) settings (to not duplicate emails)
changing store settings --> features to "processing"
no settings in my paypal account have changed (that I know of)

is there a way to fix this?
thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, carey said:

changing store settings --> features to "processing"

Seems like that should have solved it.  What version are you on?

As for abandoned carts - that's not usual for us, either. And when they don't pay the first time, even though I email them with how to complete the order - they almost always just order again and pay with a new order number.

There are several conversations that state that items in orders have been changed, but the Total of the order did not change. Still trying to figure that out.

But, I would like for you to try something. In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Orders section, use the "Time before expiring pending orders" to a value that you think would work for you. Obviously, using any payment gateway designed to leave the order in a Pending state (like the POF) may be an issue. And, I do not know exactly what "expire" means. But if this feature invalidates an order such that the customer cannot go back to it to make changes, then this may be a stop-gap measure. (The number of seconds in four days is 345600.)

I'm, running 5.2.2
and wow - great idea for forcing the cart to empty. i set it to 2 days (172800), my products are time limited. (school uniforms only open for a short period)
however, that doesn't solve the problem of....

once the customer clicks "checkout" they are redirected to paypal. if they do not enter their payment info and click the 'return to storename' link, the order still shows up in the cart as 'processing'. later if/when they do come back and place the order and complete the payment, we get another order in the cart. (2 orders - one paid for, one they started and did not complete)

so...
*once they click the checkout button, (and get redirected to paypal - whether they pay or not) we get the order in the admin area of the cart.
we dont remember this being an issue before.

here is an example of 3 orders the customer started, then finished later.

they must have logged in, checked a few products, clicked the checkout button (redirected to paypal) then walked away. they came back and placed their order later. they were given a second order number. both orders, the one paid for and the one not paid for are both in the admin panel as processing.

in my paypal account I can see they paid for one of the orders. (however the cart lists both)

this glitch is new.. any thoughts?

examp.jpg

2 separate order numbers also. it's not like they came in and just picked up where they left off...

here is the snippets snapshot (definitely not hacked here)

I shouldnt have marked the cancelled one

however 6 order emails came from the cart only 3 were paid. the problem we are having is that we have to physically match each order with the paypal payment email (by logging in to paypal) to see which ones went through.

is there a way the cart will only email us the orders that have been paid?

as I said, this just started happening. we never received order emails that werent paid before.

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, the "Order status for admin email notifications" set to Processing should be the solution. But you say you have tried this and CubeCart still sends an email for orders that have just been created and are at Pending. That's weird.

yes. it was set to processing when this started, then I switched it to pending. it started happening more, so I switched it back and is still happening.

glitch 2 - maybe they are related

if I start an order
1 shirt = order #123
I click 'checkout now' - redirect to paypal - then abandon the cart and go back an hour later
*the order 123 shows up in the cart. (one shirt) and has not been paid for

1 hour later - I am still logged in (or I log back in) and I add a second shirt - then click checkout now - I'm redirected to paypal and I pay for the product.
the order is assigned a new order number #124.
*the order #124 shows up in the cart (2 shirts) *this will have a corresponding email in my paypal account

shouldn't it be the same order number?