[Resolved] correct way to remove images

keat

I've cleaned up a few orphaned images today by deleting them from the images/source folder.

However, when I edit a product and look in the images tab, these deleted images still appear in the drop down.

So what's the best method of removing orphaned images.

I found the orphaned entries in the cubecart_filemanager table.

However, this got me thinking about the slow page refresh when editing a product.

Maybe I could export the inventory, file manager and image_index tables and use something like MS Access to link the tables and run a query to find which images are not associated with a product.

If i then remove these entries from the file manger table, it might speed up the page refresh.

any thoughts ?

To speed up the page refresh when editing a product create a new folder in the images/source folder e.g. pictures then copy all of the files in the images/source folder into the new folder images/source/pictures (easy to do in cPanel) then run an sql query on the filemanager table to update the filepath to pictures/

UPDATE `CubeCart_filemanager` SET `filepath` = "pictures/";

Once all done delete the image files from the images/source folder.

Well you can separate into several folders but that's going to be a pain. The above will remove the lag when doing general editing and the only time when there will be a lag problem is when changing images on a product because the pictures folder would have to be opened, however this is not done very often if at all once a product is listed.

Sorted. definitely more responsive initially.

I assume that any new images will start to be uploaded to the source folder ?

However, if this is the case, then a similar update once every 12 months won't be hard work.