Customers getting errors.

catchmylimit

Hello,

It looks like visitors to my website, keep getting these errors:

http://www.packagingdielines.com/index.php?_a=404

When I am logged on as a customer, all pages seem to be working just fine. I don't understand why they are getting this "can't find page" error.

Also, If I go to my errors log, I am showing these type of errors on the log:

File: [seo.class.php] Line: [643] "INSERT INTO `ccio_CubeCart_seo_urls` (`type`,`item_id`,`path`,`custom`) VALUES ('saleitems','','sale-items','0');" - Duplicate entry 'sale-items' for key 'PRIMARY'

File: [seo.class.php] Line: [643] "INSERT INTO `ccio_CubeCart_seo_urls` (`type`,`item_id`,`path`,`custom`) VALUES ('prod','25','pick-a-carton-size-here-/standard-tuck-end-ste-/2-x-2-x-7-box-dieline-ai-file','0');" - Duplicate entry 'pick-a-carton-size-here-/standard-tuck-end-ste-/2-x-2-x-7-box-di' for key 'PRIMARY'

I don't know why, nor understand what is causing these errors... Again everything seems to be working fine if I am logged in as a customer.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Catchmylimit

Would you, for whatever reason, have two installations of CubeCart accessing the same database?

Personally, I have about eight separate installations accessing the same database -- for development purposes -- and need them to access the same set of data. (I know, I could have MySQL do auto-replication between separate databases, but this is satisfactory.)

I have found instances of the above error messages and have scanned through my MySQL access logs.

The INSERT happens if a SELECT could not find the path. Cubecart uses a cache of previously executed SQL statements. If the SELECT statement was in the cache, but the result was false (for whatever reason), then an INSERT happens. So, if installation #1 put the seo_path in the database, but installation #2 didn't have a result-set in the cache, then installation #2 tried to insert that seo_path.

The above is confusing, and I'm not saying that that is actually what happened - especially if you have only one installation.

Add to this scenario that working in the admin frequently clears out the cache. So, ....

I generated a sitemap of your website and there were no errors so looks like your website links are all OK. Might be worth finding out how the customers who have this issue get to the page e.g. is it directly from your website or from somewhere else e.g. Google or another search engine or a link from another website?

Also have you upgraded from an earlier version recently e.g. V3 to V6?

You don't appear to have a sitemap so that should be something to look into. You should have one.

" INSERT INTO `ccio_CubeCart_seo_urls " is a known issue, I raised it as a problem in the past but the issue was closed with a "wont fix" status. You can safely ignore these errors. It's essentially saying that a duplicate SEO path wasn't able to be added because it already exists.

quickest fix for 404's I find is to delete the .htaccess file in the store root and let it get rebuilt. This is a required step when moving your store to a new domain or migrating it to another server most of the time.  If you don't do this, you get lots of 404 errors.

I don't think this is your issue though. I've had a look at your site today and I can't get it to send me to any 404's. although I only had a quick look at a couple categories and products. If you are still facing the issue I recommend you review your server "Access Log" file, and filter on any 404 pages. You can then backtrack through the log to find exactly what page the customer was on and can track it down.