Cubecart does not send mail when an order is placed

bos

1) Check the email template has not been corrupted. This will prevent it from being sent. It's common on 610 or less.

2) Do a mail test from store settings, does it report as sending OK?

In e-mail terms, you need to remember that once a mail has been sent, IE it's left the server it's totally at the mercy of the internet. It's not uncommon for e-mails to get delayed or sometimes not get delivered. An e-mail will only be considered failed if you get an NDR (non delivery report). If you can prove it's been sent, but never arrived within 72 hours then it's almost guaretneed to have been caught in a mail filter somewhere along the way, or possibly still stuck on a relay mail queue.

We are running version 6.0.12 and on the upgrade tab it says we are running the latest version.

The language is set to English UK

We do not get any email notifications.

What I meant by the 'new order' comment was that, similarly to the person named bos who raised this topic, when we try and edit Admin:Order received it says New Order in the box and German as the language - there are eight flags showing 

image.png

image.png

How do I test to see if the email file has been corrupted?

Please click on the actual flag of the language you are using and want to edit. (The white plus in green circle is to add a new language - one that Cubecart has yet to load into the database. This is not what you want to do to work on this problem you are having.)

With the excellent help and guidance from bsmither, this issue has now been resolved.

The setup was that my store is run in Swedish. The problem was that the Swedish language pack did not have any translated email templates. These even didn't exist.

Hence, when CubeCart was trying to send mail it failed because it couldn't find any templates to use. The quick resolve for this case was to make a copy of the English templates, language/email_en-GB.xml, into language/email_sv-SE.xml and replace the language string on line to (en-GB -> sv-SE). This way, the templates will ofcourse be in English, but the mailer will work.

I'm not a developer, but maybe CubeCart could have a feature that, upon missing templates, will revert to default templates?

Thank you so much bsmither for helping me tracking this error down.

Any clues on how to solve the problem we are having - no email notifications coming through?

Unlike bos (glad your situation is sorted!)  our site is English so no problems with translation of templates there. Any other ideas? It was all running smoothly until quite recently. 

@Ggib,

Check the default language of all admins setup to receive e-mail notifications, Check they are all what you expect them to be.

When an e-mail is sent, the cart will match up the admin language to the language in the templates/content list. If there is no match it won't send anything or throw an error.

If you are 100% sure you are editing the ENGLISH language e-mail template, and it's showing a language other than English, what happens if you change the language in the drop down list to English and save the settings? Do e-mails start to arrive?

According the first image you posted above, Please click on the actual flag of the language you are using and want to edit. (The white plus in green circle is to add a new language - one that Cubecart has yet to load into the database. This is not what you want to do to work on this problem you are having.)

When using the TEST function for the email settings, you say you get the message "TEST failed to execute", but do you actually get the test email?

I have checked the language setup in admin and the default language is English. When I look under the actual UK flag for the Admin: Order received email template it comes up as English. 

When I test the email on Advance settings page I get the message that the test failed to execute but we do then receive an email saying testing cube cart 

We did have the order status for admin email notifications set to processing. I have now changed it to pending to see if that makes any difference. 

We also no longer receive emails on completed emails. Although I am not sure where this one is generated. 

Could there be an error under our email sending method perhaps?

• 8 months later...

The errors have returned after a few upgrades. Thankfully the email test atleast shows some information this time:

Testing SMTP with TLS

SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 in-smtp01.mailout.citynetwork.se ESMTP
CLIENT -> SERVER: EHLO store.ribit.se
SERVER -> CLIENT: 250-in-smtp01.mailout.citynetwork.se250-PIPELINING250-SIZE 10240000250-VRFY250-ETRN250-STARTTLS250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES250-8BITMIME250 DSN
CLIENT -> SERVER: STARTTLS
SERVER -> CLIENT: 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.
CLIENT -> SERVER: QUIT

SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

I have not touched anything since the last time I got it working, and the test log is rather scarce.

Any ideas?

Mail seems to work with "PHP mail()", but not with "SMTP with TLS" (or SSL).