Enhancement for the MarketPlace

bsmither

Regarding the category list of modules on the MarketPlace:

@Al Brookbanks, please try to get the MarketPlace code to incorporate a "Short Description". A truncated (long) Description may or may not give sufficient details.

@Noodleman, et al, please try to have a terse but detailed description of your module's purpose as the first thing in the Description. What we see now contains no information regarding the module's purpose and capabilities.

I will update all of my descriptions after Al has made changes to the marketplace. I am specifically waiting on

1) Ability for customers to download a commercial module without needing to purchase it

2) Small descriptions

3) Version control, including notifications to CC users of updates

The search function and pagination also needs to be greatly improved. Now the marketplace has more modules it can take a while to page through to find what you want, especially since there isn't any way to sub filter. Search uses google search, which most of the time returns unrelated information. I had it return me 404 links last week. Search needs to be local to the site, allow searching of the category you are in "Search Plugins" etc, and provide more filtering controls.

I've had to put info about demo and other things first because in the majority of cases people don't actually read the full information. Quite a lot of the time people purchase the module to try the demo, then request a refund. By moving information about this first, I am hoping to reduce the number of times this happens. Things can be re-worked once the marketplace has more features.

On 20/09/2016 at 6:16 AM, Noodleman said:

I will update all of my descriptions after Al has made changes to the marketplace. I am specifically waiting on

1) Ability for customers to download a commercial module without needing to purchase it

2) Small descriptions

3) Version control, including notifications to CC users of updates

The search function and pagination also needs to be greatly improved. Now the marketplace has more modules it can take a while to page through to find what you want, especially since there isn't any way to sub filter. Search uses google search, which most of the time returns unrelated information. I had it return me 404 links last week. Search needs to be local to the site, allow searching of the category you are in "Search Plugins" etc, and provide more filtering controls.

I've had to put info about demo and other things first because in the majority of cases people don't actually read the full information. Quite a lot of the time people purchase the module to try the demo, then request a refund. By moving information about this first, I am hoping to reduce the number of times this happens. Things can be re-worked once the marketplace has more features.

On this list #1 is done and #3 is done ready for the 6.1 release see issue #1243