[Resolved] Customers cant add items to basket and I Can't login to Admin o

towersecurity

Our Shop Towersecurity.co.uk has been running for a long time,

Sunday, we found we couldn't log into admin.
Then noticed that items added to the basket showed on the basket on the current page but weren't actually being saved to the basket.
When I try to log into admin, it returns a blank page using Firefox, or an error 500 code on MS Edge

I recently backed up files and database, so deleted the site and restored everything. Same problems.

Contacted the host and they said nothing had changed.

Went back to July backups and deleted all files on server and restored. Still same problem.

Currently on version 6.0.??  not the lastest version but updated about 6 months ago. Don't know how to check as I can't get into admin.
just seen my previous post.. it's  V 6.0.11 - updated March.

I think it must be a server problem, Host is usually very good, they say they've not changed anything but they're looking into it.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

I can see all the products on the shop,just not add them to the basket.

no problem getting into cpanel and phpadmin. the database seems fine.
I've deleted the site and database a couple of times and restored it from different backups.

atm the site has the July backup of CC files and March backup of database.

I was going to try a clean install on the current version download and restore the database again.. do you think this will help?

I've got a few more tips from Al brookbank's post on cleaning hacked shops and will try to compare files tomorrow.
I dont think the site was hacked though. the host looked at the error logs and didn't see any indications.

I've checked the admin users table and not blocked,

the lost password procedure doesnt work, not yet had a chance to reset the password via phpadmin but will try that ASAP.

Trying to do a clean install..

Deleted all CC files.
Deleted the Database
Uploaded 6.0.12
All file permissions set to 0755

Firefox browser to setup folde.. i get error message:
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_4cb1411d216e9334a0cd57db7bfbada9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/xxx/public_html/setup/index.php on line 38

The message from PHP:
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_4cb1411d216e9334a0cd57db7bfbada9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory

suggests that PHP has a configuration file (PHP.INI) setting that tells PHP where to keep the session files, session.save_path, is not configured correctly (defaults to /tmp), or if /tmp is the desired location, then /tmp does not exist (PHP does not create it if missing). If running a Windows server, then a path for session.save_path must be set in PHP.INI.

OK.. The sites up again and working perfectly but we don't really know why it went wrong or how it fixed itself :wacko:

We restored the CC files from the ftp backups as before.

But previously, we'd deleted the data from the database, leaving the structure.
Then restored the data to the existing database from a SQL export.

This time we deleted the database completely through MySQL and restored it, structure and everything from the same SQL export.

I guess it was a glich in the database somehow.

This doesn't explain why the clean install of 6.0.12 didn't work, because I deleted the Database before i tried this.

The version upgrade to 6.0.12 was also done via Cubecart Admin with no problems.

Anyway.. Thanks for all the support guys.

• 1 month later...