[Resolved] Swedish Language Pack issue - Change/Delete text in "Sale"

HC Design

Welcome to the Forums, @HC Design! Look in the Admin>Store Settings>Features tab and see if you have Sales Mode set to Disabled.

Assuming you DO want the Sales category, see what you have in the skin template box.sale_items.php. It should be {$LANG.catalogue.title_saleitems}. Assuming it is, then go to the Language definitions file and see what is written there for catalogue.title_saleitems.

The other place to look would be to look in Admin>Settings>Languages>Your own flag>Catalogue phrases> near the bottom you will find what you have in title_saleitems.

ISO-639 codes make it easy to reference a language without having to explicitly name the language (which would be written differently depending who was doing the writing).

So, accordingly, "sv" is the main language code. CubeCart uses this to keep track of the language packs. A language pack named "sv-SV" would be mainland Sweden, while "sv-FI" would be a language pack specific to Finnish who speak Sweden. (Just like "en-US" is for United States people who speak a variant of English).

Searching through the language pack, I find:

Line 212: string: all_sale_items = Alla REA underkläder

Line 441: string: title_sale_items = REA UNDERKLÄDER

Also finding line 450, 1250, and 1252

What would a good word be for "Sales"?

Oh sorry, it's middle of the night so I missed that...

Realisation is Rea but short ;)

Utförsäljning is like Rea :)

1 minute ago, Dirty Butter said:

I don't use the Sale side bar box, but when I did show Sales Items I called it Featured Sale Item, since it's random.

I don't need that box, how do I delete it?

Also, line 406. The phrase will not have the context of being on sale (discounted). This phrase for "title_feature" will be a phrase used for an item making a special appearance or maybe a limited time availability. In reality, CubeCart just grabs a random product from the entire inventory and shows it. But we can adjust the query to give us what we want.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-09-26 at 1:19 AM, bsmither said:

Be sure to find and edit all five locations I mentioned earlier.

Then, in admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, check the "Clear language cache" and Submit.

Hi again!

I did all that and after I clicked "Submit" my store disapeared :(

I changed it back in the file with swedish but I think the clearing of cache messed it up somehow...