Blank Admin Area after upload

sleepyfrog

I've just upgraded from a 3x version to latest 6.0.12

Upgrade went ok and can see the front end of the store with all the products showing, however when I try to log into admin I get the login screen but then just a totally blank screen after.

It does log me in, I just can't get access to any of the admin area.

Any ideas?

Thanks for responding.  I got this:

[26-Sep-2016 13:29:51 UTC] PHP Warning:  No callback method defined. in /websites/***.co.uk/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php on line 290
[26-Sep-2016 13:33:14 UTC] PHP Warning:  unlink(/websites/***.co.uk/public_html/setup) [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php'>function.unlink.php</a>]: No such file or directory in /websites/***.co.uk/public_html/admin/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php on line 38

Thanks Alec - I'll give it a go :-)

Hmmm - I've downloaded the latest CC zip again and confirm there's only an index.php file and 2 folders - skins and sources - in the admin folder, which I have uploaded again to no avail.

Also, if I try and go to the file (or folder) I get

The requested URL /admin/index.php was not found on this server.

The permissions are set at 755

You said: The requested URL /admin/index.php was not found on this server.

You are getting CC6012's special admin 404 page.

This tells me you are using the method of accessing the administration common to CC3. CC6012 does not do it that way anymore. The ONLY way to access CC6's admin is to use www.example.com/admin.php. (CC6 also allows you to rename the /admin/ folder, and also to rename the admin.php file - for security reasons. If you do this, you must also edit the file /includes/global.inc.php.)

You also said: I try to log into admin I get the login screen but then just a totally blank screen after. It does log me in.

Hmm....

Yes - I tried accessing the admin folder direct to see what it would do.

I've deleted the admin folder and reuploaded.

I've checked that all the files in the CC zip have been uploaded

I went through and changed all the permissions to 777

I renamed the admin folder and changed the global.inc file

Basically everything I can think of - nothing :-/

If, having created the ini-custom.inc.php file with the contents specified, and it is located in CubeCart's main folder, the only way I know that the error_log file not being created is if CubeCart is crashing very, very early in the wake-up cycle.

If so, we may need to edit admin.php and place those contents specified on line 2, so that they are executed as the very first thing. (Keeping ini-custom.inc.php as it is as well.)

Thanks - think it's highlighted the problem

When I initially upgraded I got the 'you need to have php 5.4 or above... message

Checked my hosting and it said 5.5.8 (or something) installed

Checked online and added

AddType application/x-httpd-php55 .php

to .htaccess

error file says (a lot of..)

[26-Sep-2016 14:53:02 UTC] PHP Warning:  include() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php'>function.include.php</a>]: Failed opening '/websites/LinuxPackage02/***.co.uk/public_html/admin/sources/element.navigation.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php55/share/pear:/usr/local/php55/share/php') in /websites/LinuxPackage02/***.co.uk/public_html/controllers/controller.admin.session.true.inc.php on line 99

So I assume a) hosting is not 5.4 or above and/or b ) the line in .htaccess is wrong

I'll get on to my hosting provider..... :-)

OK - 1 problem solved, another appears lol

Hosting gave me correct code for the .htaccess file (yup, only 5.2 installed)

But this now gives me a wonderful new error message

[26-Sep-2016 15:16:18 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 78 bytes) in /websites/LinuxPackage02/***.co.uk/public_html/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 211
[26-Sep-2016 15:16:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /websites/LinuxPackage02/***.co.uk/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 694

Your host is only giving your account 6MiB of memory. The contents specified says to give PHP 256MiB of memory. So, either this statement was mistyped, or your host has seriously limited and locked down the amount of memory you have.

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');