[Resolved] print.css cant' be edited?

SHAWN YUMI

I am trying to change some layout for the "order invoice print sheet", but it seems not working even after I replace the "print.css" file (..shop/admin/skins/default/styles/print.css), I also try to clear the cache in the maintenance place and no luck, is anyone have same issue or give any advise? appreciate any helps

Thanks, Dirt Butter, I changed some code as below because I added billing address under the shipping address and I need more space to move down:

#printLabel {
    width:80mm;
    height:80mm;
    float:left;
    padding:4mm;
    z-index:100
}
.sender {
    border-top:1px solid #ccc;
    margin-top:20px;
    padding-top:4px;
    font-size:.7em
}
#storeLabel {
    width:80mm;
    height:80mm;
    padding-top:4mm;
    overflow:hidden;
    z-index:-1

I tried your changes and saw nothing different. So I made some outlandishly obvious changes to print.css and STILL did not see any change in the Packing slip.

So lets be sure we are talking about the same thing. I make my own store changes in the template file orders.print.php for the Packing Slip.

But there IS a print.receipt.php template in the skins that has its own css file.

Please keep in mind that a web browser will, by default, keep copies of page resources (javascript, CSS, images) in its internal cache.

But there are ways to force the browser to re-fetch the resources. One is to clear the browser's cache. Another is to use the keyboard shortcut to Force Reload (typically, CTRL-F5). This is the preferable way when making changes to page resources.

However, CubeCart's method of creating the printable order page is to instantaneously create a PHP file and tell the browser to fetch it (the file is:
www.example.com/files/print.hash.php
and also automatically deletes this file after having been output to the browser. So, CTRL-F5 won't work as this also attempts to reload the page itself.

Another way, when making development work, is to use the browser's development tools which may include a way to have the browser re-fetch individual and specific page resources.

Finally, we can edit the URL that references the page resource. If a URL has a querystring attached, then the browser knows not to use its cached copy, and instead will always request this file. A querystring is used to inform the server that some sort of customization is requested. So, in the file:

admin/skins/default/templates/orders.print.php

Near line 17, Was:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../{$SKIN_VARS.admin_folder}/skins/{$SKIN_VARS.skin_folder}/styles/print.css" media="screen,print">

Now:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../{$SKIN_VARS.admin_folder}/skins/{$SKIN_VARS.skin_folder}/styles/print.css?1" media="screen,print">

I changed the size of the font, using Bsmither's code, and after clearing CC caches, it worked. I tried going back to the stock code in orders.print.php WITH the changes SHAWN YUMI wanted, and I do get a different look to the printout using stock orders.print.php. (I think my edited packing slip was just too different to make the changes obvious.)