[Resolved] Save Button in Admin for Products Disappeared

nomem

Well, I've never seen this before!   I added a new product to my store and everthing worked fine.  A few minutes later I added a new product went to hit save and noticed the save button was gone on all screens.  I went to the product I had previously added and tried to edit it just to see and all the save buttons were gone.  I have not touched a thing.  Any thoughts?

We've seen this before (or something similar) with an earlier version of CC6. Had something to do with the fly-out Search box.

Please verify the exact version of CC6 you are using.

We would also like to know if the HTML for the Save | Save & Reload buttons is still there (when editing a product) but hidden, or if the code is actually gone. To determine this, please have your browser show you the page's HTML source code. You will be looking for, near the bottom:

<div class="form_control">
      <input type="hidden" name="save" value="847796626467bdd09dab1bd64826827f">
      <input type="hidden" name="previous-tab" id="previous-tab" value="">
      <input type="submit" value="Save"> <input type="submit" name="submit_cont" value="Save &amp; Reload">
   </div>

I'm using CC 6.012

The bottom of the source page - General Tab when editing a product is:

<h2>6. Homepage Content</h2>
            <p>Update your homepage with any content you want. Here you can manage a &quot;hero carousel&quot; and add any HTML content you wish.</p>
         </li>
         <li class="joyride_tour_end" data-button="Close">
            <h2>That's it!</h2>
            <p>We have only touched the tip of the iceberg but it's enough to get you selling today. Please fine a video tour below which goes into a little more detail.</p><p>Have fun and best of luck with your store!</p>
         </li>
      </ol>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="admin/skins/default/js/jquery-1.11.2.min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="admin/skins/default/js/jquery-ui-1.11.2.min.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="admin/skins/default/js/plugins.php?7db4b256b33f24aa338c108bf6264426"></script>
      <!-- Include CKEditor -->
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/ckeditor/adapters/jquery.js"></script>
      <script>

$(window).load(function() {
           $("#joyrideTour").joyride({
             autoStart: false,
             postStepCallback: function (index, tip) {
               if (index == 6) {
                  $('<p><iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/118638908" width="500" height="313" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe></p>').insertAfter($(".joyride_tour_end p").last());
               }
             },
             postRideCallback: function (){
              $.ajax({url: "admin.php?_g=settings&node=admins&tour_shown=1"});
             },
           });
         });

</script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="admin/skins/default/js/admin.js?7db4b256b33f24aa338c108bf6264426"></script>
                     </body>
</html>

Here you go:  I also noticed that some edits I had made to the design of the page have disappeared and the style is back to the original

<!-- Bring in Tab Content for plugin hooks. -->

<div class="form_control">
      <input type="hidden" name="save" value="424fec9f8d09cb7ee692673b2d41bd7a">
      <input type="hidden" name="previous-tab" id="previous-tab" value="">
      <input type="submit" value="Save"> <input type="submit" name="submit_cont" value="Save & Reload">
   </div>
   <script type="text/javascript">
      var file_list     = {"991":"991","992":"992","993":"993","994":"994","995":"995","996":"996","997":"997","998":"998","999":"999","1000":"1000"};      var file_default   = 991;       
   </script>
         <input type="hidden" name="token" value="2f4961786ebf2c59b36d8a7a17a311fc">
</form>

</div>
         </div>

You made edits to the template, but they are not there anymore?

Ok, the HTML for the buttons are there. You say they are still not showing?

If so, we will need to use a browser diagnostic tool to find out why. If you are familiar with such a tool, you should be able to discern what is keeping the buttons from showing. If you are not familiar with a browser diagnostic tool, we would need to take this offline.

If you want to do this, post to me a PM with your email address.