[Resolved] UPS SHIPPING "OVER WEIGHT"

SHAWN YUMI

We have some issue with UPS shipping when sometime customers add many items and can't check out because of the shipping weight is "too high", I looked the many discussion with same problem but it seems no perfect solution can resolve the issue, the UPS shipping plugin only calculates by weight not including dimensions which is more difficult to get actual shipping rate. I wonder if anyway we can change the maximum total weight or add dimensions for UPS shipping module in order to avoid from any error messages.

Thanks for any helps

Good Morning,

Here is the link to the UPS solution:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/ups-advanced-shipping-module

The most recent version of the module can be downloaded from here:
https://www.noodleman.co.uk/ups-multiitems-/-ups-delivery-1-1-1-release-notes.html

You need to download the zip file, within which you will find both a "plugin" and a "shipping" module. These modules need to be placed on your store file system in the "/modules/shipping/" and "/modules/plugins" directory. It will be easier to connect to your site using FTP, and most people tend to use FileZilla as an FTP client since it's free :)

Once installed the plugin will activate a 7 day trial period.

If you need any assistance installing this module, or want me to do it for you please feel free to open a support ticket at https://www.noodleman.co.uk/support

Thanks Noodleman,

I got error message as below after installation:

" Site error: the file /public_html/shop/modules/plugins/UPSMultiItems/hooks/admin.navigation.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

Should I manually put "admin.navigation.php" into specific location? or just have to use ionCube Loader Wizard

I think you are using PHP version 5.4, but the IonCube loaders have not been setup for it. Once these are added it should "just work".

Which hosting company are you using? some have some simple steps to follow to enable it, I can check for you.

Also, should this be having an impact on your site from working, you can rename the modules via FTP which willprevent the error whilst IonCube is sorted out. :)

I think on godaddy you can install it via your cPanel, however it it's not in there I think it best to ask your hosting company to install ionCube for you.

The renaming directory instructions are simply there in case you enabled the module then got the error as it could potentialy prevent access to your site. by renaming it the module isn't loaded and the site works.