[Resolved] Minimaliser Skin - Options Absolute Price

Matthew66

Hello!

I am really liking the Minimaliser Skin as an option to the Foundation on CCv6.

BUT, having an issue with Product Options 'Absolute Price'

I was viewing the source code on the product page...comparing the Minimaliser to the Foundation template on the absolute pricing issue I'm having.

In my admin, I have the product pricing set at $6.50.
I have 3 product options set at these prices with a radio button and set at absolute pricing $6.50, $16.50 and 15.50.

In the foundation template, if yur select the $16.50 option, the price changes from $6.50 to $16.50 then you can click add to basket.
in the Minimaliser template, if your select the $16.50 option, the price changes from $6.50 to $23.00 then you can add to basket.

The differences in the view source coding for this are:

Foundation:  <input type="radio" name="productOptions[1]" id="rad_option_45" value="45" class="nomarg absolute" data-price="16.50"><label for="rad_option_45" class="return"> 

Minimaliser: <input type="radio" name="productOptions[1]" id="rad_option_45" value="45" class="nomarg" data-price="16.50"><label for="rad_option_45" class="return">

The difference I am seeing is the class="nomarg absolute" compared to the class="nomarg"

The product Options 'Absolute Price' setting is being carried over in the Foundation template and not on the Minimaliser even though 'Absolute Price' is set via the admin panel...I can change the skins, Foundation works, Minimaliser doesn't.

Help Please on how and where this can be fixed? Thanks In Advance

Welcome Matthew66! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I haven't looked to determine when absolute product option prices were implemented in the CC6 family, but it appears the Minimalizer skin has not been updated to accommodate it. (Notes say it was developed for CC604.)

So, copy the file 2.cubecart.js from Foundation over to Minimalizer, and edit the skin template;

content.product.php

Change to:
<input type="radio" name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}]" id="rad_option_{$value.assign_id}" value="{$value.assign_id}" class="nomarg{if $value.absolute_price == '1'} absolute{/if}"{if !$CTRL_HIDE_PRICES} data-price="{$value.decimal_price}"{/if}{if $smarty.foreach.options.first} rel="error_option_{$option.option_id}" {if $option.required}required{/if}{/if}>

Also:
<option value="{$value.assign_id}"{if $value.absolute_price == '1'}class="absolute"{/if}{if !$CTRL_HIDE_PRICES} data-price="{$value.decimal_price}"{/if}>{$value.value_name}{if $value.price} {$value.symbol}{$value.price}{/if}</option>

And:
<input type="text" name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}][{$option.assign_id}]" id="option_{$option.option_id}"{if $option.absolute_price == '1'} class="absolute"{/if}{if !$CTRL_HIDE_PRICES} data-price="{$option.decimal_price}"{/if} {if $option.required}required{/if}>

And:
<textarea name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}][{$option.assign_id}]" id="option_{$option.option_id}"{if $option.absolute_price == '1'} class="absolute"{/if}{if !$CTRL_HIDE_PRICES} data-price="{$option.decimal_price}"{/if} {if $option.required}required{/if}></textarea>

Hey! Thanks bsmither for the welcome and thanks for the fix!! I am SO LOVING CubeCart's detail!!
IT WORKED!! WOOHOO! So very happy!

Took me a bit to find the code, I am soooo not a coder...lol

Anything you could suggest to fix the next line after the radio button, to make the radio button and option appear on the same line? As demonstrated in the attached image?

Once again, SO MUCH THANKS for that...and thanks in advance for the help and assist on the tweaking of this template skin!!

Image1.jpg

In that template,

Find near line 47:

<div><input type="radio" name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}]" id="rad_option_{$value.assign_id}" value="{$value.assign_id}" class="nomarg" data-price="{$value.decimal_price}"{if $smarty.foreach.options.first} rel="error_option_{$option.option_id}" {if $option.required}required{/if}{/if}>

Change to:
<div style="white-space:nowrap;"><input type="radio" name="productOptions[{$option.option_id}]" id="rad_option_{$value.assign_id}" value="{$value.assign_id}" class="nomarg" data-price="{$value.decimal_price}"{if $smarty.foreach.options.first} rel="error_option_{$option.option_id}" {if $option.required}required{/if}{/if}>

We are telling the browser to not let the contents of this div block to break lines. You need to be cautious since, if the option description is too long, it will flow right off the edge of the page.

And, I am kind of confused as there appears to be plenty of space for the button and the text to appear on the same line.

If you wish, send me private message with a link to your store and maybe I can determine why your display appears differently.

Hmm...

Well, with the Minimaliser skin, the options run off the page on Mobile device from the get go, so that  section is not responsive.

I did the 'nowrap' from bsmither, and it had no effect...and thanks for your help on this...

Taking into consideration what Dirty Butter mentioned, and checking the runoff via my Mobile Device...out of curiousity I just copied the entire Foundation content.product.php into the Minimaliser skin to see what would happen, and BOOM...all fixed...
It gave Absolute Price, and fixed the 'in line' issue.

It did make the product section just like the Foundation template, which is cool with me...because it gives the pricing first then description, so to me, that is actually better for Mobile Device customers...so, what a cool hybrid... :)

Thanks so much on this guys, I am so loving CubeCart, I had been using ZenCart and even did a time on Shopify, and OhMyGawsh. CC blows ZC way out of the water. and the admin section blows Shopify away. (at least to me)

Thanks again so very much!!

13 hours ago, bsmither said:

I haven't looked to determine when absolute product option prices were implemented in the CC6 family, but it appears th Minimalizer skin has not been updated to accommodate it. (Notes say it was developed for CC604.)

Unfortunately, this is one of the problems in choosing most of the "free" skins from the marketplace.  I am not saying it applies to every free skin, but most of them were developed quite a while ago and have had no updates made to them and will have little or no ongoing support from the developers. This will be one of probably many problems that you are likely to find going forward and while there are always people on here that are willing to help with specific issues, it is likely to be an on-going battle with niggling issues.

Ian