XAMPP Install Can't Login to Admin Panel

Max Magnus

Hi,

I have same issue with freshly installed CubeCart 6.0.12. Store fornt works just fine but I can't log in to admin panel.

According to entries in cubecart_access_log it looks like logins were successful. Tables cubecart_admin_error_log, cubecart_admin_log and cubecart_blocker are empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help!

NetworkData.xml

cc_cubecart_access_log.xml

1 minute ago, Dirty Butter said:

How did you do the fresh install? Upload zipped file, extract, and run setup?

Yes!

I'm testing it with XAMPP on Win 8.1. Setup went smooth w/o errors.

Just noticed that I also have issue with Basket in store front. I can add that Test Product to basket product is visible in widged, but on View Basket or Checkout i get empty basket with "Your basket is empty." message.

Max

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 10-47-40.JPG

18 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I will say that the PHP installation has not found a safe place to save session data.

Do this: https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51550-how-to-create-the-error-log/

Then see if there is any information in that log.

Absolutely nothing has been written into log file on reported issue.

I've intentionally stopped SQL server to check if logging is working for me.  Those few entries are from when SQL was not available.

error_log

Please do not use your browser's back button.

For every form that is sent out by CubeCart, a security code is part of that form. When submitting the form, that security code is submitted back with the data.

If the security code does not match what CubeCart is expecting, the form submission is discarded.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Please do not use your browser's back button.

For every form that is sent out by CubeCart, a security code is part of that form. When submitting the form, that security code is submitted back with the data.

If the security code does not match what CubeCart is expecting, the form submission is discarded.

Problem is that I didn't use back button. Thi message shows every single time I try to login on version 6.0.7.

Recap:

Up to version 6.0.6 everything works fine in all browsers I've tested with - IE (v 11.0.36), Firefox (v 47.0.1) and Chrome (v 54.0.2840.71).

On version 6.0.7 I'm getting that Security Alert message in IE and Chrome for login. In Firefox I can login to Admin Panel and use Basket.

From version 6.0.8 I can't login and don't getting any error message in IE and Chrome for login. In Firefox I can login to Admin Panel and use Basket.

Ok, so Firefox is good all the way around.

IE and Opera is bad for CC607 and above. All the way up to CC6012.

I don't know about Opera, but IE has something called the F12 Diagnostics. I don't know how to use, so I ask that you learn about it.

In the diagnostics, there will be a panel that will let you observer what the browser is POSTing to your site.

In the POSTed data, make sure IE is actually sending back the security token. (The form element name will be obvious.)

For a quick test, configure Opera to be as unsecure as possible. (Or, if you have some sort of anti-virus, or Internet security program installed, disable it for your site.)

I am working on the assumption that a browser setting is blocking the form from including that security token. (As odd as that sounds when comparing CC606 to CC6012.)

Hi bsmither,

Sorry for lapsus in my reply, I test it with Chrome, not with Opera. I've edited my previous reply.

I've already sent Network traffic capture log (NetworkData.xml) from IE's Developer Tools (F12) in my first post.

<postData>
     <mimeType>application/x-www-form-urlencoded</mimeType>
     <text>username=cubeadmin&amp;password=cubecart&amp;redir=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fcubecart%2Fadmin.php%3F_g%3Dlogin&amp;login=Log+In&amp;token=8ae426a7bef82af8f532ea2dfe212c71</text>
</postData>

Attached is file (Chrome.har) with traffic capture from Chrome's Developer Tools (Ctrl + Shift + I)

username:cubeadmin
password:cubecart
redir:http://localhost/cubecart/admin.php?_g=login
login:Log In
token:8256b0e507b7cf228a50f9d5dce829cb

Attached is file Firefox.har) with traffic capture from Firefox's Developer Tools (Ctrl + Shift + I)

username=cubeadmin
password=cubecart
redir=http://localhost/cubecart/admin.php?_g=login
login=Log+In
token=a61283912056c8a3a27e450f62ef77de

I haven't found difference between browsers sending POST data or I missed something.

Chrome.har

Firefox.har