Getting rid of 'checkout' box

Big Gee

I've just installed Cube Cart at http://josies-secondhandstuff.uk

It will soon have items on the 'shelves'.

I've also activated the Pay Pal payment gateway (Pro/ Express). Everything is working fine BUT I now have two 'checkout' buttons. One standard CC one and the PP one with Pay Pal shown on it, this is the one that works. However having the default 'checkout' button showing as well is confusing and doesn't work anyway.

I've hunted high and low in the Admin section for a solution, and now wonder if I need to edit one of the php files to hide it. Any pointers please?

Thanks,

G

checkout_graphic.png

There is some logic to whether the [Checkout] button is presented or not, and hopefully that same logic applies to the "Alternate Checkout" methods.

But, please edit the skin template file content.checkout.php.

Depending on the skin, find similar to:

{if $DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON!==true}
      <button type="submit" name="proceed" id="checkout_proceed" class="button right">{$CHECKOUT_BUTTON} <i class="fa fa-chevron-right"></i></button>
      {/if}

Change the first of those lines to:

{if false && $DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON!==true}

It would be nice to see this as an option within the PayPal module. "Disable standard checkout button" which controls the value of the DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON variable. I've used a similar thing in some of my modules and custom modules for other customers, quite simple to do.

7 hours ago, bsmither said:

There is some logic to whether the [Checkout] button is presented or not, and hopefully that same logic applies to the "Alternate Checkout" methods.

But, please edit the skin template file content.checkout.php.

Depending on the skin, find similar to:

{if $DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON!==true}
      <button type="submit" name="proceed" id="checkout_proceed" class="button right">{$CHECKOUT_BUTTON} <i class="fa fa-chevron-right"></i></button>
      {/if}

Change the first of those lines to:

{if false && $DISABLE_CHECKOUT_BUTTON!==true}

Thanks bsmithers. I've edited the file it's worked perfectly. I'm indebted to you.

Now just to be a pain - is it possible for me to add some text to the checkout page in Cube Cart? I ask because in light of previous experience - where potential customers are asked to pay for something via PayPal, they often come back and say "I don't have a PayPal account"  (not noticing the rather vague way PP give the choice to 'Check out as Guest'). To the less savvy, they don't understand that the button mentioned means check out with a debit/ credit card instead of logging in to a PP account! As customers can be fickle and are easily spooked, there's always a risk that they won't press that button on the PP site and skip away elsewhere.

Ideally, if they were invited to check out as a 'Guest' (in the shop)  if they have no PP account, they would understand what 'Check out as Guest' means when they land on the PP payment page. It would also be good to display a card graphic there somewhere as well. The option in the PP gateway plugin plants that graphic at the very bottom of the footer, below everything else - which is as practical as a chocolate teapot!

So what I would like to do is add a bit of text to the check out page and incorporate an accepted cards graphic. Is it possible?

Thanks,

G.

PS thanks also to you Noodleman for your input. Sorry I haven't used one of your skins, but the Nota skin suited my needs a bit better on this occasion. Possibly next time.

In the same file you can add something like this around about line 41

<div class="small-12 columns">To pay by Debit or Credit card choose the PayPal - Credit/Debit Card option below. <strong>You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay with a Credit/Debit card through PayPal</strong>. Any problems please contact us and we will arrange for an invoice to be sent to you. <br><br>

2 hours ago, ayz1 said:

In the same file you can add something like this around about line 41

<div class="small-12 columns">To pay by Debit or Credit card choose the PayPal - Credit/Debit Card option below. <strong>You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay with a Credit/Debit card through PayPal</strong>. Any problems please contact us and we will arrange for an invoice to be sent to you. <br><br>

Fantastic - that's also sorted now! Thank you as well.

Is it pssible to have the payments graphic also included below that wording? I have the option of having it displayed in the Pay Pal gateway module BUT it appears right at the very bottom of the page footer - which is a bit silly in my opinion - the practical place for it is just below the wording I've just included (before the 'Check out with Pay Pal' button, or just below that button.

Any suggestions?

Thank you -

G.

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

I use the gateway PayPal version, but on that one there is a place in the plugin settings for Description. I have the link to an image there: paypal.jpg

I also have a document that explains how to pay on PayPal with a debit/credit card.

Which version of the PP gateway is that plugin Dirty Butter? The only option I can find on my version is a tick box that inserts the graphic at the very foot of the page.

Having a doc is handy - where have you linked to that? Or give me an URL address for your CC store and I can have a peek myself.

Thank you,

G.

Here's the doc - in my Footer documents, but not in the header one. (I use the SFWS plugin for documents.)

https://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/how-to-pay-with-credit-or-debit-card.html

It's the gateway, not plugin version - PayPal Standard Payment Gateway

I suspect it would be possible to edit the code in whatever PP version you like to show the image instead of the regular button.

Now another glitch!!

When making a test purchase from the shop via the Pay Pal gateway everything goes fine until the payment is attempted on the PP site (whether through a PP account, or by using the credit/debit card option).

PP automatically redirects the payer back to CC and the message in the screenshot displays. Trouble is there is no button to press! Any ideas anyone? I'm getting increasingly frustrated with all these hiccups!

checkout_graphic-02.png

9 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

There are settings on PayPal that must be set. Maybe that's the problem?

You're pobably right, but I've been around all the settings in Pay Pal, but can't find a solution for the life of me.

The gateway works fine up to a point, it's just that last 'completion' step that goes 'funny'. Any advice from anyone who has experienced the same problem with their Cube Cart would be very helpful right now.

It seems that the redirection command from PP cuts in at the wrong stage - instead of redirecting after payment is finalised it seems to redirect the buyer back to CC at the stage before that, and then, instead of redirecting the buyer back to a confirmation page in the shop (that I've created for the job), it redirects the buyer back to CC's shopping cart page, with the message I've shown in the previous post.

G.

doh.gif

Silly me. I've just realised that the info. box that says "Please click 'Make Payment' to complete your order" means the buyer has to click the "3 Payment" button below the box.

Now this can be a source of confusion to a buyer - especially a new buyer. It certainly confused me!

SO to counter this potential confusion I need to either:

1)  Change the wording in the info box to something like "Please click the '3 PAYMENT' button below to complete your order" or

2) Change the wording from 'Payment' to 'MAKE PAYMENT NOW' on the button.

My question is, where do I edit the appropriate file(s) to achieve this?

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

G.