[Resolved] CC6.1.0 Smarty Error - Icons Huge!

nomem

Hi,

Just upgraded to CC 6.10 and all my icons are huge!  and I got this error. I'ver cleared my cache several times.  Any thoughts?

Today, 19:00 [Exception] /home1/xxx/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:163 - Unable to load template 'file:images/icon-sprites.svg' in 'templates/main.php'

Today, 19:00 [Exception] /home1/xxx/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:163 - Unable to load template 'file:images/icon-sprites.svg' in 'templates/main.php'

I have not yet looked at this myself, but please verify that you have the following file:

/skins/NAME-OF-SKIN/images/icon-sprites.svg

in the skin your store is using.

If it is there, look at the file permissions (if running on Linux). Do the permissions match all the other image files?

The next experiment you try with Foundation from CC610, please force your browser to reload the page's resources (CSS, javascript, images).

The typical way to do this is CTRL-F5.

The file /css/cubecart.css has new rules that will size the SVG sprites.

Because this file is the same name between CC6012 and CC610, the browser will keep using the copy it has in its internal cache.

However, this does not explain the error message. I can say that the template statement that triggers that Smarty error, copied over to main.php in CC6012's Foundation, does not cause a problem. And, Smarty wouldn't (shouldn't) complain because as long as the file contents does not violate Smarty syntax, which it doesn't, Smarty is fine using it.

But, I will experiment some more.

I had upgraded /css/cubecart/css in my custom skin. I went ahead and upgraded the skins/content/basket.php file and the icons look like they should, not huge, after I reloaded the browser as you said above. I will change some other files to svg tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks, Brian

PS  Nothing in the foundation.css file changed did it?

It must have been a browser issue like you all said.  I changed to svg on the homepage and all is working on laptop and mobile. As for the error message my guess is that it didn't "take" when I uploaded the cubecart.css file via ftp the first time. Similair issues like that  have happened in the past.

Thanks for everyones help on this

One quick question - the drop and drag for images. Has it been resolved that the images will appear in the order you created them. ex. 01-front, 02-left, etc.

It has not been resolved.

CubeCart marries a product(s) to images(s) in the CubeCart_image_index table. Managing this association involves deleting all records from this table for a given product_id, then re-inserting records with all new associations - and therefore all new table primary key values. Thus, there is currently no way to maintain the order of requesting images based on the order of having assigned them to the product because at any time the set of images assigned to a product is disturbed, the order they come out of the database could change.

However, naming the images in a certain way could be beneficial. I will find the conversation that discusses this and post my comments there.