[Resolved in 6.1.1] 6.1.0 Bug in Coupon Code

We had our first order on 6.1.0 with a coupon code. The customer could not get it to go to the gateway screen. The order proceeded properly by not using the coupon code, and I immediately refunded the appropriate coupon price.

My content.checkout.php is identical to the stock 6.1.0. I don't know where else to look to find the cause. This is what happens when I click the Checkout button.

couponcodeproblem.jpg

Here's the error message in the log after I click on Checkout the second time and the Notice about the promotional code being removed shows up:

[28-Oct-2016 18:57:33 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  Shipping not setup or allow no shipping not enabled in xxx/plushcatalog/classes/cubecart.class.php on line 1853

The cart still shows the discount amount, even after the message about it being removed.

I reverted all the code changes having to do with Coupon Code in 6.1.0 back to 6.0.12, and now Checkout with a Coupon is working correctly again.

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/9c122e5f1a55eca5b464d2191ae41a47f438a283

Could someone please test the revert of code on your 6.1.0 store to see if coupons are correctly accepted and checkout continues as it should?

Hi,

tested new version 6.1.1 where coupon code should be fixed, but i'm still getting same problem customers cannot checkout using paypal or sagepay, it just reloads make a payment page. doeas anyone has same problem ?

tried to revert code as dirty butter suggested to 6.0.12 and still same error.

yes, i thought the same, it worked for me when i forced make a payment button on mobile and pc, I use livechat where i can monitor traffic and just this moring had arround 10 orders where they've been stucked on make a payment page. than i tried it in incognito page my self (chrome) and could not checkout. so there must be still something causing an issue.

have removed coupon and my orders are getting through just fine.

PS: were you able to update to 6.1.1 via admin page ? as i tried it on 2 sites i have and when i got to update page in admin 6.1.1 disappeared so I did manual update via FTP.

5 minutes ago, Eduard J said:

PS: were you able to update to 6.1.1 via admin page ? as i tried it on 2 sites i have and when i got to update page in admin 6.1.1 disappeared so I did manual update via FTP.

My install is so edited that I always merge with BeyondCompare and manually upgrade via ftp. I'll test in other browsers with my admin logged out.

Tried it in Chrome with admin logged out. Registered a fake account and it is still working for me.

15 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

My install is so edited that I always merge with BeyondCompare and manually upgrade via ftp. I'll test in other browsers with my admin logged out.

Tried it in Chrome with admin logged out. Registered a fake account and it is still working for me.

strange not sure than what it could be is not just me having trouble to checkout is customers also as a guest not registered customer. PS: i'm always logged out from admin when testing + always in different browsers too to see result.

will have to give it a go and play arround.

thanks anyway

The only thing I can think of is that I upgraded to 6.1.1 from the 6.1.0 that had all the Coupon code reverted per this thread. MAYBE there's something I reverted that didn't make it into 6.1.1???? But it seems like lots of folks would be chiming in here with me-too's if that were the case.

Can someone let me know if this has a fix, sorry for my follow up question but I have gone through these threads and links and check the script and everything seems to be the same but I can get the coupon codes to work. When I make the percentage discount 0%, normally it is 10% discount being applied but when there is a discount the code errors and removes the code or says it has expired. If I use a specific amount for discount or just have free shipping it still errors?

It works for my older codes but I can't create new codes as they error.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...