[Resolved] Default Postage Price

DarwinUK

Hello Again.

On my site Ive got multiple postage rates. Example - if someone buys one CD, then a price is charged for postage and packaging, but if they buy two CD's obviously the weight is higher.

Rather than set P&P by weight Ive just calculated and entered prices. But my question is whether it is possible to select one of these prices as a default. At the moment the postage is set as zero price. Ive had a sale for a CD and I let the P&P go as the CD was a rare CD and the postage wasnt actually that much.

Thanks

Phillip

Hi Ian.

Thanks for your post. I use the all-in-one but its setup listing 1-2 CD, 3-4 CDs etc. But I was hoping to have one auto selected rather than a zero price. Ive listed T & C's page and one for postage rates, and just added that the buyer select the correct postage, and if not then the buyer is asked to pay extra.

This probably wont do in the long term, so I'll have to check out weight based.

Thanks

Phillip

Your method will never work and even if you put it in detail on a shipping document or even on each product page, customer will either miss or deliberately ignore it and choose the cheapest shipping offered - you then have to decide whether to suck up the shipping or try to get them to pay extra which rarely works.  Set up sensible rates based on weight and taken from the Royal Mail shipping costs - it is the best way

Ian

Hi Ian.

Ive looked at the Royal Mail prices, and have figured out how to set weight for each product, then (sort of) setup postage by weight. But the price is in KG, so is there an idiots guide for the weight based section ? Im trying to setup a DVD as 130grams, assuming the weight calculation adds up all the weights etc, and its coming out as 2,200 something pounds when I test run adding products. My maths never was that good. I assumed the cubecart was taking my grams weight and multiplying for KG as I was entering the weight / price wrong.

Thanks for appreciating thats its probably something soooo simple, yet I cant see it.

Phillip

Hi Phillip

You are talking about kg and pounds in your reply or do you mean kg and currency GBP ?  It is impossible to answer your questions without knowing exactly how you have setup your products and the AIO shipping module.  The AIO module does work very well but it can be confusing initially

Ian