Can't find admin site

Sportzfans

There should be a renamed admin FILE and a renamed admin FOLDER. You can find both names in the includes/global.inc.php file. You can open the includes file via your FTP program, but you can't make changes from there. It is possible to change the naming to suit yourself by changing the permission on the includes file in your cPanel Folder View. After edit is complete change the permission back to 444.

It's the renamed admin FILE you need as the last part of your store dashboard address.

The 404 page sounds like you still have an admin.php file named admin.php. If so, please temporarily name it something else and see if your STORE_URL/(renamed admin.php)admin$$$$.php url will access your Dashboard.

MY new Dashboard login screen is accessed at https://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/MYrenamed admin.php

I installed yesterday from softaculous program ....Everything was Fine..I Thought ..I used the /admin logged in...Set some setting up then went to view my store & thought is was fine. Logged out

Try to log in to the domain & didn't come up..Looked in File Manager & saw that all files were in a Cube folder. I took all files out of Cube folder & put in my Public_html folder.

I can see my site now, but can't access the admin 

That original Softaculous install to the Cube folder has left a remnant of code in the store config somewhere or something is left over and no longer correct in the global.inc.php when you physically moved from the Cube folder to public_html.

The database config file is encoded, so you can't just look in the database and simply edit it.

21 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Check this entry in your global.inc.php file:

$glob['rootRel'] =

What do you have there? The old store directory or  '/';

Here is what is in the global.inc.php file:

<?php
$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_renamed.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_renamed';
$glob['cache'] = 'file';
$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'xxxx';
$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';
$glob['dbpassword'] = 'xxx';
$glob['dbport'] = '';
$glob['dbprefix'] = 'xxx_';
$glob['dbsocket'] = '';
$glob['dbusername'] = 'xxx';
$glob['installed'] = '1';
$glob['install_source'] = 'softaculous';
?>

Edited by Dirty Butter
removed entries for security reasons

2 hours ago, Sportzfans said:

Not Found

The requested URL /admin_$$$$$/ was not found on this server.

Did you put .php on the end of the admin url? Should be admin_$$$$$.php

Moving the files has caused the problem I think. If it's a new store on a blank server with no products etc listed then you could delete everything in the public_html folder and reinstall it as new making sure the files don't go into a directory but into the root (don't set up a folder). If it is an old store that has some data in the database then you need to find a different solution.

Please use:

www.mysite.com/admin_renamed.php

where the needed _renamed part is indicated in the globals.inc.php file.

With these latest few versions of CubeCart, one cannot use the folder method, shown below (which was permitted/required in much earlier versions of CC6, CC5, and CC4):

www.mysite.com/admin_folder_renamed/

That is, using the name of the admin folder with a trailing slash, expecting the web server to fill in the index.php at the end. CubeCart does not allow that to happen anymore.

One must use the name of the admin.php file, as having been renamed, located in CubeCart's main folder.

• 2 weeks later...