[Resolved] Dashboard Stock warnings error

Lamrith

I am having an odd error in my Stock warnings.  Please see image attached. 

I have two issues with what it is showing. 

#1 is that I have qty:3 in stock in my store, but the warning is showing 0 stock
#2 is that I do not have a size option for that item (Nor any item in my inventory at this time) so why is it showing 20 and 40#?  I did when I made the part number have sizes, but I got removed the size options months ago and when I standardized my inventory.  I exported the Cubecart inventory and am not seeing any reference to size or options to remove.

If I change my warning level to say 1, then both warnings go away, but how do I stop it from reporting double warnings when I actually get low on something?  Almost all of my parts numbers are exhibit this issue.  I theoretically have a small enough inventory I could delete everything and just do a re-import, but I worry it will still have the same problem if there is some back side database that is showing size options.

error.jpg

I can't help, but someone who can might need to know what CC version you are on. Is this a new issue, or has it always been this way? If it's a new problem - what, if any, changes have you made in the code lately?

I got a little confused (doesn't take much for me to do that lol) - Are you using ANY options on ANY product? There are 7 tables in your database dealing with Options in 6.1.1. All fields in mine are all zero, because I don't use options at all.

Sorry about that.  I am running v6.0.12 

20 hours ago, bsmither said:

It seems to me that once an Option (a Size, for example) is added to a product, it may or may not get removed when no longer applicable. Thus, many instances of low stock level reports that simply do not apply.

Is there a way to go directly into a table and fix this like Dirty Butter mentioned?  I use options on 2two products at this point, but they are not size, they are flavor.  Would deleting all inventory and then doing a import possibly fix it, or would the option tables key off the part number and still link?

Using an external database management utility, such as phpMyAdmin (a tool commonly found in your hosted account's control panel), look in the Cubecart_option_matrix table and start deleting any row that is for a product_id you do not use options for (which should leave only rows for the two products you say you are using options with), then, of the remaining, delete any row where the 'cached_name' clearly indicates an option you don't want.

The database tables responsible for providing options are those that keep details about the options, and two other tables that associate the options to the products using the product's ID numbers. That is to say, the "Inventory" table does not contain any info about what options are assigned to the products.

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

Using an external database management utility, such as phpMyAdmin (a tool commonly found in your hosted account's control panel), look in the Cubecart_option_matrix table and start deleting any row that is for a product_id you do not use options for (which should leave only rows for the two products you say you are using options with), then, of the remaining, delete any row where the 'cached_name' clearly indicates an option you don't want.

The database tables responsible for providing options are those that keep details about the options, and two other tables that associate the options to the products using the product's ID numbers. That is to say, the "Inventory" table does not contain any info about what options are assigned to the products.

Thank you, that got it!