Upload to Downloads says successful, but file not appearing

OPP-admin

When I upload an .epub file to the Downloads section, it says "Upload Successful" - but I cannot find the file I just uploaded. I did hit the Update File List and the list refreshed but the file doe snot appear. I renamed the file to remove all spaces, etc. and shorten it. It is about half the size set for maximum file size. What else might be preventing the uploaded file from appearing in my Downloads folder?

Please use an external database utility such as phpMyAdmin (commonly provided in your hosted account's control panel). Directly view the database table CubeCart_filemanager. The row related to this upload (if it did actually get uploaded) would be the latest row in the table (you may have to actually force a sort on the 'file_id' column).

Find the row with the name of the file you are looking for. The "type" should be '2', "disabled" should be '0', and the "filepath" should be null.

Make sure the "filename" is spelled exactly as how the actual file in Cubecart's /files/ folder has it spelled.

"the file does not appear [in] the [CubeCart_]filemanager database [table]"

But the file actually exists in CubeCart's /files/ folder on your site? (You didn't mention this.)

The FileManager class has a function called filename_is_illegal(), and if it is, then that file is ignored - CubeCart will not put the file in the /files/ folder and no record made of its availability in the database.

So, even though the filename ends in .epub, does the name also perhaps contain a .php. character sequence?

One other thought is that, maybe, your hosting provider has a security application in place. Maybe it is discarding the file after having scanned it for viruses. If this may be happening, use FTP to transfer the file directly to Cubecart's /files/ folder. After one minute, reload that folder's contents in the FTP remote window and see if the file is still there.

No, the file did not appear in the /files/ folder at all. 

I have just been able to upload the .epub file using File Manager in Control Panel. But this does not answer the question about why the CC upload function says success but the file does not appear in the files folder. I would be interested to know of a fix or something for future ease of uploading.

The file does seem be staying put in the files folder after several minutes. 

Thanks for your assistance so far!!

Then we can probably eliminate any security rules imposed by the hosting provider if the file is still there.

My next idea is to experiment with the file itself - personally. (Send me a PM with your email address.) I would like to try and upload it to my development installation.

I can suggest editing the FileManager class to add diagnostic code so that we can analyze the entire process.