No access to admin.php and site down after installing plugin

G Dubyah

connect to your site using FTP, and delete the /modules/plugins/ebay_sales directory. this will make your site work OK.

Check your server error log it will tell you what actually caused it to not work, it likely failed because either IonCube isn't installed on your server, or you are using the wrong version of the module for your PHP version. There is one module for PHP 5.5 and lower, and another for PHP 5.6 an above. Both are available for download from the marketplace.

If you need assistance with it please reach out via my support portal at https://www.noodleman.o.uk/support

33 minutes ago, Noodleman said:

connect to your site using FTP, and delete the /modules/plugins/ebay_sales directory. this will make your site work OK.

Check your server error log it will tell you what actually caused it to not work, it likely failed because either IonCube isn't installed on your server, or you are using the wrong version of the module for your PHP version. There is one module for PHP 5.5 and lower, and another for PHP 5.6 an above. Both are available for download from the marketplace.

If you need assistance with it please reach out via my support portal at https://www.noodleman.o.uk/support

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I guessed that is what I have to do regarding getting the site back up, I am at work at the moment so it will have to wait.

How do I download a different version ?

I've managed to download the correct version and the site is now back online.

I am having a lot of difficulty finding the Ebay API RuNAME  I cannot see it anywhere in my account on EBay

Neither can I find where to set the EBay API information :

eBay Session Status
                     Not Set
eBay Token Status
                     You still need to generate a token
eBay Token Expires
                     You still need to generate a token
API Messages
                     The SessionID in your request is invalid

Your support pages do not seem to help on this matter

Its found in the eBay developer account under the "auth tokens for eBay" then "get a token from eBay via your application". Ebay keep moving it around

I normally spend some time walking through the module with people who are evaluating it as it can be a bit complex to get to grips with as it supports a variety of business models. If you like, we can review it via Skype on Monday?

29 minutes ago, Noodleman said:

Its found in the eBay developer account under the "auth tokens for eBay" then "get a token from eBay via your application". Ebay keep moving it around

I normally spend some time walking through the module with people who are evaluating it as it can be a bit complex to get to grips with as it supports a variety of business models. If you like, we can review it via Skype on Monday?

With that info from you I know get this in the Admin Control panel,

eBay Session Status
                     Session ID has been set, Go get a Token
eBay Token Status
                     You have a Token. As long as you linked your ebay account in the popup window you should be able to use the plugin
eBay Token Expires
                     Sunday, May 13th 2018 at 9:20pm
API Messages
                     Success: eBay Token has been set.

So I assume it's good to go ?

Ok I just tried to post an Item and go this error;

[20170] Error | Schema XML request error. - Schema XML request error: Invalid token valuedata=[ ]. | VALUE: Invalid token valuedata=[ ]

I updated the Ebay cached values, and now it says I need to generate another token, I've clicked on "get token" and nothing is happening.

good morning,

Firstly, populate the API details and save. then click on the Link Ebay Account (Get Session) link. If the config is correct you will get a popup window asking you to sign into Ebay. Note, popup blockers have been known to prevent the popup window. If something went wrong you may see an error in the API Messages field.

Once you've compled the authentication, you can close the popup window. After closing, click on the Link Ebay Account (Get Token) link. This part is critical as it completes the linking of the module with the authentication session you just allowed in step 1.

To check the module is linked correctly, you will then want to click on the Update Cached Ebay Data (Shipping Methods, Store Categories, Return Durations, Profiles) link. If the module is linked with Ebay correctly, this will complete succesfully. You can check if it worked by reviewing the API Messages field.

Once linked, you can start to configure the module. I firstly recomend setting up the Global Settings, followed by a test item. When configuring an item the first thing should always be to select an Ebay category. Once selected, save the item. This makes the module download additional information from Ebay specific to the category you want to list the item in. The item configuration page will then hide/show only applicable settings.

It's from this point onwards that the configuration of the plugin really depends upon your busines model, pricing model etc. There are also some data dependencies which may beed to be met. For example, the module uses your store address information to define the Ebay items location. It also makes use of the MPN/EAN/UPC (and other) fields within your store inventory and sends those to Ebay with the listing. Ebay recently enforced that identifiers are required.

Sorry for shorter replies earlier, I was using my phone so not able to type up as good a reply as I would have liked.

ok, thanks for confirming. If you are getting the same error when you try to update the cached values, then the issue is that the ebay account has not been linked with the module correctly, or something triggered it to de-link.

Please retry the steps as I outlined this morning. Clicking the links in order. If the linking is succesful, the API Messages will show a success message, after which the inventory can be configured.

after succesful linking, click away to another page in your store such as "Products", then back to Ebay Sales, it's not a required step but will just ensure that none of the items in the link will trigger the de-linking of the module.

It sounds like there is something missing, which will be requied within the item configuration. Can you share screen shots of the item configuration for this item, or alternately open a support ticket at https://www.noodleman.co.uk/support and share your store acces details and I can review the item for you and figure out what is triggering the error.

Ok that first error has disappeared, now its failing because I am not entering an EAN, but I cannot find anywhere to enter it. It also states I have not set a shipping service, but I have.

I have set the MPN to "Does Not Apply" but cannot see a field for EAN

cubecart4.jpg

cubecart5.jpg

MPN / EAN s defined within the CubeCart product, the module reads the config from there. So, you will need to update your store product, rather than the item via the module.

It looks like there is a configuration issue with the stock quantity. As for shipping, are you using business profiles?

I am heading out to lunch with family, so there will be a delay in my replies for the remainder of the afternoon.

Ok thanks I've found that, bit of a pain having to enter the bar code for each item, just an idea but could you add field to the inventory listing to show that EAN does not apply ?

Have a good lunch I cant do anymore until Monday now as I don't have the bar codes at home

Good Morning,

Unfortunately, it's an Ebay requirement. It's caught a few people out recently. The idea behind using the EAN/MPN etc fields already available within CubeCart is to reduce the need to configure the same values in two locations. Once in CubeCart inventory and once in the Ebay inventory. This worked well, until recently Ebay enforced this as required data, so people who sell products which either do not have these identifiers, or simply haven't added the data to the products yet ended up with some additional tasks when setting up the module.

I will give some thought to adding a setting which can be toggled on/off to override the identifiers if they do not exist.

Good Morning

I have entered the EAN for the test product, but am getting an error telling me the EAN field is missing, even when I enter the correct EAN for the product I still get the error.

This may cause a big problem down the line if the field cannot be changed to "Does not apply" as I stock a lot of products from small manufacturers that do not use bar codes, my own products don't use bar codes either.

You can enter the " Does not apply" value in the actual EAN field of the CubeCart product itself. I would need to take a look at the issue you've mentioned with EAN field, I've not seen it misbehave on other sites so think there may be something off with the data. If you can drop me a note with your phone number, perhaps we can walk through it and I can get a better feel for how the module would need to be setup for your business and make some recommendations.

3 minutes ago, Noodleman said:

You can enter the " Does not apply" value in the actual EAN field of the CubeCart product itself. I would need to take a look at the issue you've mentioned with EAN field, I've not seen it misbehave on other sites so think there may be something off with the data. If you can drop me a note with your phone number, perhaps we can walk through it and I can get a better feel for how the module would need to be setup for your business and make some recommendations.

I have tried it with "Does not apply" in the EAN field, that didn't work either.

My business is not that much different from anyone else's other than the lack of barcodes on some products, so assuming there are no other issues if we fix this, we should be good to go.