[Resolved] can you title a sitemap page?

Millie Moore

I had tried to do this on my own, but no matter what I did, I didn't get a title to show up on my sitemap page.  foe those that don't know, I have the "loc" and "lastmod" in sitemap.xml and the stylesheet in simple.xsl.  all I tried doing was adding <H1> and <H2> in the <body style....> section.  they didn't show on my sitemap.

Try:

<body style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;background-color:#EEEEEE">

To:
  <h1>My SiteMap</h1>

I would think the browser has cached a copy of simple.xsl for itself, internally. Therefore, you must force your browser to fetch a fresh copy of the page's resources. Typically, the keyboard shortcut CTRL-F5 will do this.

I hear you wanting to insist that this sitemap be something of a normal web page. I suppose it could go that way.

The XML document uses the XSLT as a resource. Whether any particular web browser will honor meta-data from a resource remains to be seen.

That said:

simple.xsl

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<html xsl:version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<head>
	<title>My Map</title>
</head>

The first few lines of the XSLT file has had added a <head> section and within it a <title> tag.

Firefox shows the title where the title gets displayed on the browser window.

So, I suppose you can (almost, basically) put whatever you want in the XSLT file and hope it doesn't invalidate the well-formed-ness of the XML transformation process.