Options matrix option not saving?

T3rry

Hey all, first off thanks for the great product, i tried many other e-commerce options and got overwhelmed and frustrated by each of them until i settled here, it seems like it works well and will suit my needs for a long time.

The one issue i am having is the Options Matrix tick box in the options tab on the products is not enabling the matrix settings, i'd like to have stock levels for each option, which from my understanding is very possible, but when i check the tick boxes and click save and reload, its simply not saving the option and updating to the new matrix page... any suggestions?

Capture.JPG

I am not sure why, but status and option matrix tick boxes wont "stick" after save, unless i change one of the values on the right side, i can change any of the 4, negative tick box, dollar value, absolute tickbox or weight, then the status will tick its self and stick, i can change the value back to 0 or unchecked after its active, but to initially activate it it wont stick.

Ok, let me check something. If this is a javascript issue, then what's happening is that each table row is "remembered" (registered) by javascript but only if certain somethings is changed.

This is a similar issue when viewing digital files for a product. Technically, only one file can be selected and if a different checkbox is checked, the currently checked checkbox should uncheck itself. But it doesn't because javascript has not 'registered' that row, and so when making sure all other rows are getting unchecked, unregistered rows are not seen, and not unchecked.

So, on the Product Options table, until a row is registered with javascript, the values in that row will not appear in the POSTed data when Save is clicked. It is as if these rows weren't checked at all.

but the rows must exist because the 4 values on the right side can be changed and saved, its just the status and options matrix that doesn't stick.

i just also observed it only seems to happen with item sets, if i add them individually it seems to work fine

Noted.

But the initial display of anything (called the Document Object Model - DOM) can be changed, interrupted, enhanced, hidden, deferred, denied, whatever through javascript. So, yes, the rows display, but their 'identity' as far as form submission goes can get messed with.