[Resolved] Canada Post Extension not appearing

T3rry

Hey all, i have installed the canada post extension and filled in my merchant ID and originating postal code, then selected various shipping services, added weights to my item's but the canada post calculator isn't appearing in the shopping cart, has anybody else successfully used this extension?

i guess the first thing is trying to understand what exactly is my merchant ID? i signed up for canada post, and joined the developer program to get API keys, but i have tried my ID, my api keys, various things, none of then seem to work.

Unfortunately, the Canada Post module has not been updated to blatantly and in-your-face advise you that CP's Rate Calculator sits on port 30000.

The advise that should be made known to you is that your hosting provider must allow your site to pass port 30000 traffic through the server firewall.

We are aware of just a few hosting providers who will not, under any circumstances, allow for this. Hopefully, your hosting provider is not one of them.

We suggest you submit a support ticket to your hosting provider to verify that port 30000 is open for your site.

alright, i did see that warning but wanted to see if there was a way to verify i wasn't doing something wrong before i contacted the host.

the host has requested of they need incoming outgoing or both, any idea on this?

some googling suggest outgoing is sufficient so i'll give that a try and see what happens

I wanted to go back to my initial post and ask for some clarification as to what the "Merchant ID" field is actually looking for? currently i have my account number in there, but i dont know if this is correct.

Just now, bsmither said:

The CP module uses CubeCart's Request functionality. Please look in admin, Request Log to find any records where the CP module made a REQUEST and what the RESPONSE was.

Thanks, this is the latest error just now

Request Sent - http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/<eparcel> <language>en</language> <ratesAndServicesRequest> <merchantCPCID>0008503035</merchantCPCID> <fromPostalCode>T2B2N9</fromPostalCode> <itemsPrice>25.00</itemsPrice> <lineItems> <item> <quantity>1</quantity> <weight>10</weight> <length></length> <width></width> <height></height> <description>Online Order</description> </item> </lineItems> <city>Calgary</city> <provOrState>Alberta</provOrState> <country>CA</country> <postalCode>T2B2N9</postalCode> </ratesAndServicesRequest> </eparcel>
Response received<?xml version="1.0" ?> <!DOCTYPE eparcel [ <!ELEMENT eparcel (error)> <!ELEMENT error (statusCode,statusMessage*, requestID)> <!ELEMENT statusCode (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT statusMessage (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT requestID (#PCDATA)> ]> <eparcel> <error> <statusCode>-2001</statusCode> <statusMessage>Merchant CPC Id not found on server. </statusMessage> <requestID>23515535</requestID> </error> </eparcel> <!--END_OF_EPARCEL-->
Today, 09:50

it appears the ID number is the error

That value is used in the REQUEST as the element 'merchantCPCID'.

Unfortunately, I do not know what is, exactly, the correct value to use. It may be an account number, it may be a 'passcode' that was emailed to you, or is obtained from the "I want to use your Rate Request API settings panel. If the latter is the case, then an account number could be just your general business account with CP.

Please read this:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/developers/services/gettingstarted.jsf

Yes, pretty much useless.

Is there any good info here?

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/business/productsservices/developers/services/gettingstarted.jsf

What does CubeCart's Request Log have?

Yes, CubeCart's CP module uses the API at SellOnline. CPC didn't say it was no longer available, just not updated - but I hope that means not updated code-wise, and shipping rates are valid.

Sorry i am not a coder, i cant decipher all the info on the CPC site, as for the request log, it tells me i do not have a valid merchant ID, and it seems canada post has abandoned the sellonline portal that this uses and will not issue a new merchant ID for this and instead suggests using a program that uses the API.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems this trouble started between Nov. 8th and Nov. 10 after checking my Request Logs everything after Nov. 10 has the same error

10 Nov 2016, 13:11
Request Sent - http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/ <eparcel> <language>en</language> <ratesAndServicesRequest> <merchantCPCID>CPC_81_SHOP</merchantCPCID> <fromPostalCode>J7V1Y5</fromPostalCode> <itemsPrice>60.00</itemsPrice> <lineItems> <item> <quantity>1</quantity> <weight>2.039916096</weight> <length>20</length> <width>20</width> <height>1</height> <description>Online Order</description> </item> </lineItems> <city>Saint-benoit labre</city> <provOrState>Quebec</provOrState> <country>CA</country> <postalCode>G0M1P0</postalCode> </ratesAndServicesRequest> </eparcel>
Error: cURL Error (28): connect() timed out!
Response received
08 Nov 2016, 14:00
Request Sent - http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/ <eparcel> <language>en</language> <ratesAndServicesRequest> <merchantCPCID>CPC_81_SHOP</merchantCPCID> <fromPostalCode>J7V1Y5</fromPostalCode> <itemsPrice>90.00</itemsPrice> <lineItems> <item> <quantity>1</quantity> <weight>2.428190848</weight> <length>20</length> <width>20</width> <height>1</height> <description>Online Order</description> </item> </lineItems> <city></city> <provOrState>Quebec</provOrState> <country>CA</country> <postalCode>J7V0M7</postalCode> </ratesAndServicesRequest> </eparcel>
Response received <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE eparcel [ <!-- EVERY REQUEST CONTAIN THE eparcel TAG --> <!ELEMENT eparcel (ratesAndServicesResponse)> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!-- * Standard response for request for rates and services * --> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!ELEMENT ratesAndServicesResponse (statusCode, statusMessage+, requestID, handling, language, product+, packing*, emptySpace*, shippingOptions, comment, nearestPostalOutlet*)> <!ELEMENT statusCode (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT statusMessage (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT requestID (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT handling (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT language (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT product (name, rate, shippingDate, deliveryDate, deliveryDayOfWeek, nextDayAM?, packingID)> <!ATTLIST product id CDATA #REQUIRED sequence CDATA #REQUIRED > <!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT rate (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT shippingDate (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT deliveryDate (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT deliveryDayOfWeek (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT nextDayAM (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT packingID (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT packing (packingID, box+)> <!ELEMENT box (name, weight, expediterWeight, length, width, height, packedItem+)> <!ELEMENT weight (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT expediterWeight (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT length (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT width (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT height (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT packedItem (quantity, description)> <!ELEMENT quantity (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT description (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT emptySpace (length, width, height, weight)> <!ELEMENT shippingOptions (insurance, deliveryConfirmation, signature, flexiblePaymentAvailable?)> <!ELEMENT insurance (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT deliveryConfirmation (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT signature (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT flexiblePaymentAvailable EMPTY> <!ELEMENT comment (#PCDATA)> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!-- * 'nearestPostalOutlet' is optional and is returned * --> <!-- * only if the merchant profile has this option enabled * --> <!-- ********************************************************* --> <!ELEMENT nearestPostalOutlet (postalOutletSequenceNo, distance, outletName, businessName, postalAddress, phoneNumber, businessHours+)> <!ELEMENT postalOutletSequenceNo (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT distance (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT outletName (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT businessName (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT postalAddress (addressLine+, postalCode, municipality, province?)> <!ELEMENT addressLine (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT postalCode (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT municipality (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT province (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT phoneNumber (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT businessHours (dayId, dayOfWeek, time)> <!ELEMENT dayId (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT dayOfWeek (#PCDATA)> <!ELEMENT time (#PCDATA)> ]> <eparcel> <ratesAndServicesResponse> <statusCode>1</statusCode> <statusMessage>OK</statusMessage> <requestID>22684625</requestID> <handling>3.0</handling> <language>0</language> <product id="1020" sequence="1"> <name>Expedited</name> <rate>9.3</rate> <shippingDate>2016-11-09</shippingDate> <deliveryDate>2016-11-10</deliveryDate> <deliveryDayOfWeek>5</deliveryDayOfWeek> <nextDayAM>false</nextDayAM> <packingID>P_0</packingID> </product> <product id="1010" sequence="2"> <name>Regular</name> <rate>9.3</rate> <shippingDate>2016-11-09</shippingDate> <deliveryDate>2016-11-14</deliveryDate> <deliveryDayOfWeek>2</deliveryDayOfWeek> <nextDayAM>false</nextDayAM> <packingID>P_0</packingID> </product> <packing> <packingID>P_0</packingID> <box> <name>ship2</name> <weight>2.928</weight> <expediterWeight>2.928</expediterWeight> <length>30.0</length> <width>30.0</width> <height>2.5</height> <packedItem> <quantity>1</quantity> <description>Online Order</description> </packedItem> </box> </packing> <shippingOptions> <insurance>No</insurance> <deliveryConfirmation>Yes</deliveryConfirmation> <signature>No</signature> </shippingOptions> <comment></comment> </ratesAndServicesResponse> </eparcel> <!--END_OF_EPARCEL-->

I just got notice last night that this has been happening from site owner, it's been giving this error and the Canada Post Mod was missing, this is what we get even after re adding it

error.jpg

I am concerned that you say the module was "missing". That is, when in admin, viewing the list of installed modules, CanadaPost was not shown?

We know that CanadaPost has deprecated SellOnline, and are not creating new accounts for that method of making rate requests. (CubeCart developers are working on getting a new module built for CP.)

The cURL error suggests that being able to reach sellonline.canadapost.ca is failing. This could be because CP has finally pulled the plug on that web address, or your hosting provider has erected a firewall and is not allowing outbound port 30000 to get through.

Was your site completely restored from backup at about that time? That would be the only reasonable explanation as to how a module gets disappeared from Cubecart's being aware of it.

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

I am concerned that you say the module was "missing". That is, when in admin, viewing the list of installed modules, CanadaPost was not shown?

We know that CanadaPost has deprecated SellOnline, and are not creating new accounts for that method of making rate requests. (CubeCart developers are working on getting a new module built for CP.)

The cURL error suggests that being able to reach sellonline.canadapost.ca is failing. This could be because CP has finally pulled the plug on that web address, or your hosting provider has erected a firewall and is not allowing outbound port 30000 to get through.

Was your site completely restored from backup at about that time? That would be the only reasonable explanation as to how a module gets disappeared from Cubecart's being aware of it.

Hi buddy, ya it was gone we had to re install it, the owner said he didn't remove it, neither did my partner as he was the one that had found this , I'll email my server support right now and let you know what he said, as for the sellonline.canadapost.ca     I can log into the account and everything there is the same, I also emailed them , still waiting on a reply.

I just checked abother one of these stores and it's giving me the same error on the shipping, the CPM is there and all looks good, able to login to the CP Sell panel and no changes there

in the

Request Log

shows nothing in there since Oct 21st and I tried today to buy something and got the error but it doesn't register the error in request log

Are we still waiting for an official response from CP regarding connection to SellOnline?

It's disturbing that you host says they have (now!) opened port 30000. <Rhetorical questions> It wasn't before? Was it recently changed to being closed? </Rhetorical questions>

Yes we haven't heard back from CP.

Also make that 3 Cubecart stores giving the same error.

I have sent my server support a message:

Hi Tania
Can I ask please was the port 30000 open before and then closed? and you just had
it reopen ? or was it always closed please?

When I made a request to: sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000, this is the response:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE eparcel [
<!ELEMENT eparcel (error)>
<!ELEMENT error (statusCode,statusMessage*, requestID)>
<!ELEMENT statusCode (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT statusMessage (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT requestID (#PCDATA)>
]>
<eparcel>
<error>
<statusCode>-1002</statusCode>
<statusMessage>The connection timed out. </statusMessage>
<requestID>24291789</requestID>
</error>
</eparcel>
<!--END_OF_EPARCEL-->

This isn't a response from some unknown web server or router or whatever. Although, apparently no headers came in the response, I will say with some certainty that there is a problem somewhere within CP's SellOnline system.

• Like 1

I did get a reply from Sell.Online, and I posted on Canada Post Developer Forum ( no reply yet), this isn't directed at one of my stores but all the stores are giving this error on my server.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Sell Online helpdesk.

• Your complete mailing address
• Browser and version you are using (even if multiple types)
• Error message you are receiving
• Permission to access your account if required
• Operating system and version you are using.
• Telephone number to reach you at if necessary

Regards, 

Sell Online Helpdesk 81

[email protected]

1-866-511-0546

well the Developers weren't any help

Hi rocktim,

We had an unexpected outage this morning which has just been resolved.

We apologize for the inconvenience, please let us know if you are still having issues.

Btw. please note that the Developer Forum supports Developer Program API only, not Sell Online. For any Sell Online related inquires, please contact 1 866-511-0546 or email at [email protected]

Many thanks,
The Developer Program team