[Resolved] Canada Post Extension not appearing

T3rry

21 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

I did a search on the forum for Canada Post and found a handful of threads - but mostly about the port 3000. Do you have any viable alternatives to CP until CC upgrades the CP Extension?

Not as of yet, Brian what do you think? 'm still waiting to hear back from my Server support and sell online support, I have 5 Stores effected by this, none are selling and people getting upset, i'm thinking of having them set to a flat rate :(

I know NOTHING about Canada Post. But would it be possible to setup AIOS as a temporary fix, even if they lose some money on shipping - maybe not as much as flat rate would.

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/-all-in-one-shipping

Stores being out of commission at Christmas time would cripple many stores.

Maybe you could do the search for Canada Post here on the forum and message a few of the people who must be using it to see if they found a work-around? You can send one message to several members at once.

1 hour ago, rnrewebsite said:

I'm still waiting to hear back from my Server support and sell online support, I have 5 Stores effected by this, none are selling

Unless your server / hosting support specifically cover CubeCart support then apart from ensuring port 30000 is open, it is not their problem.  I don't know a lot about Canada Post, because, although we have quite a few CubeCart sites from Canada hosted with us, none of them use this shipping module.

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

But would it be possible to setup AIOS as a temporary fix, even if they lose some money on shipping - maybe not as much as flat rate would.

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/-all-in-one-shipping

That would also be my suggestion as that is what most of our Canadian customers use instead of the Canada Post module. AIOS can be configured for pretty much any shipping scenario

i think AISO is going to end up to more or less be a flat rate solution anyway, too many variables to have it be accurate,  use it for my in-town stuff that i personally deliver, i just dont ship because i cant use the canpost extension and canpost is the only affordable option for small business.

4 minutes ago, T3rry said:

i think AISO is going to end up to more or less be a flat rate solution anyway, too many variables to have it be accurate,  use it for my in-town stuff that i personally deliver, i just dont ship because i cant use the canpost extension and canpost is the only affordable option for small business.

I have been trying to set this AIOS , trying to put in the price to come somewhat close to what the previous Orders are for shipping cost, do you know when you set the $ per kg/lb << what is it lol KG or LB, the store is set to kg but there is no option in the AIOS to set it one way or the other or is it design to follow what your store is set to?

Please do not use any quantity designations in CubeCart. That is, do not add lb to 20lb. Do not add $ to $49.99. Do not add cm to 100cm (length not really used in CubeCart). Do not add % to 50%.

Use only digits (and the optional period for the decimal point, if appropriate).

The setting you make in Store Settings is carried over everywhere else (specifically weight and currency symbols).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T3rry said:

That is not the case, the All In One Shipping module can be configure for extremely complex shipping configurations - apart from some extreme edge cases which are more marketing exercises than covering shipping, it can be used to cover most situations

15 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

That is not the case, the All In One Shipping module can be configure for extremely complex shipping configurations - apart from some extreme edge cases which are more marketing exercises than covering shipping, it can be used to cover most situations

i know it can be set up and configured to be complex, but it takes a lot of work when compared to a module that simply checks rates from the carrier

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, T3rry said:

i know it can be set up and configured to be complex, but it takes a lot of work when compared to a module that simply checks rates from the carrier

Agreed although AIOS isn't that complicated at all, but the point here is that you say you have five stores affected Canada Post not working so kind of makes sense to me....

it's me that has the 5 stores and been working at the AIOS since yesterday, it isn't that easy to set  up and try and match the shipping cost to be some what the same as the CPM was charging at the end of the order. :)

And I can't believe how unprofessional CP Sell Online are being I haven't heard anything back from them other than that one reply 3 days ago

Apologies to @T3rry although the same thing applies until a solution to the CP situation is found.  A new module for CP using their new API needs to be written - I don't know if this will be done as a free core module and if so how quickly - hence suggesting using AIOS module as a replacement. The other option would be to have it written as a commercial venture to get it created quickly.

Has anyone had any information or confirmation from Canada Post about what is going on ?

27 minutes ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Apologies to @T3rry although the same thing applies until a solution to the CP situation is found.  A new module for CP using their new API needs to be written - I don't know if this will be done as a free core module and if so how quickly - hence suggesting using AIOS module as a replacement. The other option would be to have it written as a commercial venture to get it created quickly.

Has anyone had any information or confirmation from Canada Post about what is going on ?

I agree a new module should be made to go with the new CP API,

I'm sure this Glitch is Canada wide, although there isn't much on the CP Forum about it. and other than the reply on the 8th I haven't heard a thing from Sell Online about it.

as for the AIOS I can figure out the setting up of it, but it's the shipping cost that has me scratching my head, as in the shipping cost , the hat would be shipped from Quebec to B.C. ... CP cost on their site is $0.85 per 0.000g - 0.030g

sellonline.jpg

sellonline2.jpg

sellonline3.jpg

so today Canada Post Tec called me, we messed around for a bout a hour n a bit, finally he had me contact my Server Support to re check 30000 port, they did and emailed me back.  All is good and the CPM is working again Thank you all for your help, have a Merry Cgristmas and a Happy New Year.

Dear Tim,

We have enabled 30000 port for TCP outgoing traffic.
Could you please check it from your side and notify us if the issue persists.

• 9 months later...
On 9/25/2017 at 9:38 PM, TravelinMoe said:

You bet, same basic issue. I have a correct Merchant ID and port 30000 is in fact open, and the package weight is good...

error.jpg

Sure would love to use this module.

You have said in a different post that you are from Mexico so why would you be trying to use the Canada Post plugin - unless you ship from Canada maybe ?

• 2 months later...