Update from 6.0.12 to 6.1.1 problem

mobisat

I was upgrading from 6.0.12 to 6.1.1 and all was going fine until for some reason something went wrong and the installation failed to complete properly. My admin folder was renamed to admin_Zc5U2F and also my admin.php was changed to admin_6gvxG5.php

I have changed these back to admin and manually FTPd the 6.1.1 files across. When I try to do the upgrade the system seems to think my CubeCart is version 3.0.20 and just sits there at 80% for hours on end and seems to do nothing. I have attached the error log and obviously I changed my url to mysite.com

I hope this is easy to fix?

error_log.txt

upgrade stalled.jpg

upgrade start.jpg

The errors logged would indicate that the setup routines are not talking to the correct database, or that the database is not giving the user/pass specified permission to make changes. I suspect the former reason.

(If I recall) CubeCart setup assumes CC3 if there is no history table (meaning, a request for the latest record in the history table returns false, then this must be CC3).

All of the 'is not allowed as a key' messages are from CubeCart being told to access the named columns, but those columns do not exist.

When upgrading, I think you are offered a choice to drop all tables - starting fresh.

See what you can do about making sure CubeCart is accessing the right database (look at /includes/globals.inc.php), and if so, take note of any backups you have of your database.

Please use an external database utility such as phpMyAdmin (typically a tool provided in your hosting account's control panel).

Directly examine the database for the presence of tables and the content in a few of those tables. For example, CubeCart_seo_urls.

Some of the columns in that table will be 'path', 'type', 'item_id', and a few others. Make sure those columns are present.

Review the error_log you posted and look for a few of the columns in the tables mentioned to see if they are present.

I've tried using both 6.0.12 and 6.1.1 and both do exactly the same thing. Database check says OK no errors. Does it look like accessing the database is the issue, is there something I can run to check it?

Is there something that can send simple queries to it to prove access to read/write?

Having the Crosshatch skin folder present and showing, when you know that you have chosen a different skin to be used for the storefront, indicates that CubeCart could not get the store's configuration array out of the database, or if the configuration table in the database was accessible, then nothing was in it. Thus, CubeCart will use the first skin name found in the /skins/ folder (alphabetical order).

Not being able to log in means your administrative account details are not retrievable to be verified.

Elsewhere on the Internet, there are samples of a simple PHP database access script that can be placed and run in your CubeCart main folder. Using the same host/user/pass/database as found in globals.inc.php, this script can independently verify if your settings are correct and that your account has permission to access the database.

I have 71 tables in a stock CubeCart 611, but your extra seven tables shouldn't be an issue.

In your test code, what variant of the MySQL connectoid is it using? mysql() family or the mysqli() family?

Also, have your hosting provider enable the database server's error log for your account. Let's see if the database is complaining about anything.