[Resolved] physical OR digital gift cards

robertbell

Can we know what skin you are using?

In admin, CubeCart stores the value of "1" for email/digital method of delivery, "2" for physical delivery, and "3" for both.

However, the skin is coded to offer the customer the email/digital choice if the stored setting value is either "1" or "3", and/or the physical choice if the stored value is either "2" or "3".

Thus, if the admin chooses "Digital and Physical", these two choices will be presented to the customer in a drop-down selector for which the customer chooses one of the choices.

So, I think the wording in the admin settings page can be better phrased:

"Delivery Method Choice(s) Offered to Customer": Can Choose Digital Choice Only, Can Choose Physical Choice Only, Can Choose Digital or Physical

"If I as a customer select physical, I also get digital."

I see.

Interesting. I'll submit a bug report.

But CubeCart is very good at managing the code number for GCs (and Coupons). To use/redeem a GC, the customer enters the code number and the grand total is adjusted for as much as the GC has value. Any remaining value is databased.

Do you have concerns that CubeCart will not be able to effectively manage the code number of the GC?

Revisiting the CubeCart page where the purchaser is making their delivery choice. If the admin allows for Only Physical delivery, the field to enter an email address is not supposed to be present.

Thus, no email address, no email gets sent to the recipient.

From your comments, you do not want to inhibit a GC purchaser from choosing an email delivery. Is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...

It is true that, if the admin gives the customer a choice of physical or digital GC, the field for the email address is present.

Physical only will have the email address field not display. Thus the attempt to email a GC will fail.

But, in all cases, an attempt will be made to email a GC regardless of what method the customer chose.

To restrict the attempt to email if the customer chose digital, please try this edit:

In /classes/order.class.php, near line 463, find:

// Send Gift Certificate
if (!empty($item['custom']) && !empty($item['coupon_id'])) {
  $this->_sendCoupon($item['coupon_id'], unserialize($item['custom']));
}

Change to:

// Send Gift Certificate
if (!empty($item['custom']) && !empty($item['coupon_id']) && $item['digital']) {
  $this->_sendCoupon($item['coupon_id'], unserialize($item['custom']));
}

CubeCart flags the order inventory record as digital=true if the customer chose the email method of delivery, digital=false if physical.