Upgrade 3.0 to 6.0 Image Issue

Trickyjimz

Hi i have upgraded from 3 to 6 I appear to be having a issue with images and folders not working.

I have checked all folder and files permissions are set correct.

After upgrade it appears the update deleted all my images in upload and now won't allow me to create any new folders.

I have deleted everything and tried this twice now and followed all the steps with the same results each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

James

Hi @Trickyjimz Welcome to the forums! I'm not one with the skills to be of much help, but maybe I can suggest some information you could provide that might help the tech savvy ones around here.

If you haven't already, please create the error log and provide any messages you get when trying to deal with images.

What version of v6 did you upgrade to?

Do you have a full backup of files and database of your v3 store?

How did you make the upgrade - from within CC? With some kind of host software? unzipped v6 and then uploaded to your server? uploaded the zipped v6, extracted it and then ran setup?

You say you have checked permissions and they are correct, but you can't add an image folder. Are you trying to add the image folder from CC Admin FileManager or from ftp or cPanel Folder view?

There are a huge number of database differences between v3 and v6 - do you have access to the database tables via cPanel or some such arrangement?

See this discussion:

Hi @Trickyjimz Welcome to the forums! I'm not one with the skills to be of much help, but maybe I can suggest some information you could provide that might help the tech savvy ones around here.

If you haven't already, please create the error log and provide any messages you get when trying to deal with images.

Will do now

What version of v6 did you upgrade to?

Do you have a full backup of files and database of your v3 store?

Yes I do I have it still running elsewhere.

How did you make the upgrade - from within CC? With some kind of host software? unzipped v6 and then uploaded to your server? uploaded the zipped v6, extracted it and then ran setup?

I uploaded the files which were needed then unzipped CC and uploaded the files over the top. I then uploaded my database file and entered setup.

You say you have checked permissions and they are correct, but you can't add an image folder. Are you trying to add the image folder from CC Admin FileManager or from ftp or cPanel Folder view?

I can add the file from my ftp client. But not from the CC admin. I have re-uploaded images/uploads but none of the files are showing in the CC admin.

There are a huge number of database differences between v3 and v6 - do you have access to the database tables via cPanel or some such arrangement?

I do have access yes.

Thanks for your help :)

I have managed to open the error log over 200 lines of errors showing 

[28-Nov-2016 00:57:03 UTC] PHP Notice:  `product_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_reviews' table! in /home/foh/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 866
[28-Nov-2016 00:57:05 UTC] PHP Notice:  `product_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_reviews' table! in /home/foh/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 866
[28-Nov-2016 00:57:06 UTC] PHP Notice:  `product_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_reviews' table! in /home/foh/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 866
[28-Nov-2016 00:57:27 UTC] PHP Warning:  mkdir() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.mkdir.php'>function.mkdir.php</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/foh/public_html/classes/filemanager.class.php on line 257
[28-Nov-2016 00:57:27 UTC] PHP Warning:  chmod() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.chmod.php'>function.chmod.php</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/foh/public_html/classes/filemanager.class.php on line 259

The first error logged is the prime thing that needs to be fixed.

"Access denied" -- please review the database details in your hosting account's control panel. CubeCart can reach the database, but the user, pass, or database_name is not correct as stated in /includes/globals.inc.php.

Your hosting provider may have a solution.

Not only must the folder have the correct permissions, 755 or 775 in some cases, there is the issue with ownership. I can't help with this as I am not knowledgeable with Linux. I do know that some security implementations of PHP will monkey around with ownership and permissions and make strange requirements.