Where are the whole cache of imeges located

SHAWN YUMI

I have some problem to find whole cache of images in FTP, I only can find partial such as "alphabet" A to C filename (for example BK2001..) at "images/cache" location from FTP, but couldn't find any other caches after C alphabet, is anyone having same issue to find whole caches?

Appreciate any suggestion or information.

I find, for example: F2172RED.190.jpg, F2391_CHARC-GREY.190.jpg, FL1135_Black_copy.190.jpg, SC1962-BLACK.200.jpg, WFL2164BURGUNDY.190.jpg

These images have to be somewhere. The links to these images indicate they are at /images/cache/.

Unless, for some reason, CubeCart is no longer using the /images/cache/ folder, but some other caching mechanism for sized images.

As a test, in FTP, delete all the images in the /images/cache/ folder. (Don't worry, CubeCart will make new ones if necessary.) If new sized images re-appear in the /images/cache/ folder, then we know CubeCart is working correctly.

If not, then CubeCart is caching these sized images elsewhere, and what you see in FTP is older files.

Your site's pages arrive in my browser really fast. That probably means you have an external cache appliance involved.

Maybe the file list window of your FTP program is only tall enough to show file names as you indicated. Stupid question, but, did you make sure you had scrolled to the bottom of the list?

Sorry for late update, there is the limitation for certain files visible or showing from the server for share hosting users based on hosting company policy, that's why I can only see 9998 files from the "cache" folder on FTP, not sure if we can split several folders for the image cache.

Havenswift-Hosting may have an interesting corroborating comment on this limitation.

Two future solutions I see: 1-code Cubecart to use a CDN if available, 2-code CubeCart to respect the source image's folder path and match it in the image cache folder.

If going with the additional cost of the CDN option, one may as well simply go one or two levels up on your hosting account plan.

10 hours ago, bsmither said:

Havenswift-Hosting may have an interesting corroborating comment on this limitation.

Two future solutions I see: 1-code Cubecart to use a CDN if available, 2-code CubeCart to respect the source image's folder path and match it in the image cache folder.

If going with the additional cost of the CDN option, one may as well simply go one or two levels up on your hosting account plan.

Almost all hosting servers will have a server level restriction (i.e. Something users cannot change) to limit the display of a maximum of 10000 files per directory via FTP. Users *should* sub-divide main images to as many sub-directories as possible for many reasons including ease of use and speed accessing the files and also agree that while most users shouldn't ever need to access cache files directly, it would be much better and sensible if the directory structure was maintained.

As far as a CDN is concerned, we have already started a plugin for CubeCart to use MaxCDN (who we use extensively for many WordPress and Magento clients with great effect) but are waiting on @Al Brookbanks to get to issue https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1259 which is needed before we can continue.

A CDN has big benefits that go further than a bigger or better hosting package and would love to get this plugin completed and released !

Ian

12 hours ago, bsmither said:

I have traced out the code and have determined this is already the desired behavior -- for CC611.

However, using CubeCart's Image Filemanager to move thousands of images is impractical.

Yes! I didn't realize it, as I very rarely look at the cache folder. I can confirm that 6.1.1 does keep the folder structure in images/cache. I have so many images I had to scroll way down to get to the folders.

21 minutes ago, SHAWN YUMI said:

Is there anything we need to move around or make adjustment for our skin and site if we upgrade to 6.1.1?

You've waited this long - you might want to wait for 6.1.2. Based on the number of fixes that have been put in place in GitHub lately, I suspect there will be an upgrade before the end of the year. This is my opinion - moderators here are NOT CC's staff.

If you have modified the stock 6.0.11 core code and/or your skin - now might be a good time to join GitHub if you haven't already and learn how to use a file difference software program or make use of GitHub itself to merge your file edits with stock files. I use BeyondCompare, so I can recommend that software.

On 08/12/2016 at 7:21 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

Almost all hosting servers will have a server level restriction (i.e. Something users cannot change) to limit the display of a maximum of 10000 files per directory via FTP. Users *should* sub-divide main images to as many sub-directories as possible for many reasons including ease of use and speed accessing the files and also agree that while most users shouldn't ever need to access cache files directly, it would be much better and sensible if the directory structure was maintained.

As far as a CDN is concerned, we have already started a plugin for CubeCart to use MaxCDN (who we use extensively for many WordPress and Magento clients with great effect) but are waiting on @Al Brookbanks to get to issue https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1259 which is needed before we can continue.

A CDN has big benefits that go further than a bigger or better hosting package and would love to get this plugin completed and released !

Ian

By the time I have gone to the effort of implementing 1259 it would be a no brainer then go the extra 10% and complete the integration into CubeCart as standard. I'm behind on a lot of issues and thin on resources so I'm sorry to say that I don't think this will be done any time soon even though I can see the appeal is great.