Search by product code

We are unable to search by old 3-digit product codes from CC3, eg http://www.troutflies.com.au/flies/dry-flies-emergers/adams.html has code 199 which results in 'no products found' using the search box. 

I've had this fixed previously but inadvertently over-wrote whatever the file was during a 6.1.1 re-install yesterday. Can anyone advise what code needs to be altered? Thanks

CubeCart uses an existing index in the CubeCart_inventory table. That index is a FULLTEXT key, and that key spans the 'product_code', 'description', and 'name' columns.

So, using an external utility such as phpMyAdmin, examine how the CubeCart_inventory is structured to make sure the FULLTEXT index exists and covers those three columns.

• 4 months later...

There are file difference software solutions that allow you to compare two versions and see what needs changing to merge your edits from stock from the old version to the new upgraded version. I use BeyondCompare, but there are many others.

You can see exactly what CC changed in your old version and add that edit to 6.1.5. (Al stated today that 6.1.6 would be released after the Bank Holiday - not sure if that's today or what).

• Like 1

And that takes me back to using a compare software product to see what your old version with the bug fixed has in the code, so you can move that same edit over to the new version. That's the only way I know for you to solve your issue without getting paid help.

If you don't have a backup copy of your previous version, at least you can keep a copy of the corrected file when it's fixed this time - and THEN you'll not have to pay someone to fix it again.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:35 AM, bzfvggigaietjghnkzdfaewrkv said:

So I purchased support credit to have this fixed and everything was good. Now upgraded to 6.1.5 and the problem is back again.

Is there any possibility of having this fixed permanently or do I need to buy cubecart support every time an upgrade is installed?

If you purchased support credit recently, then that will be valid for one month so check if that is still running and if so ask for details of the change or as DB says, use file comparison software to see the differences

Ian